Vacancy - HR & Administration Coordinator, Rwanda
Reports to Country Director, Rwanda | Supervises Country HR and Administration Staff
Full Time | Based in ARC Kigali Main Office
Hello hello! We are looking for an experienced, result driven, innovative and highly conscientious individual to join our team in the position of country HR & Administration Coordinator. The HR & Administration Coordinator is a senior member of the country program leadership team, and will oversee the human resources and administration activities of the entire Rwanda country program.
If you are looking for a job, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a place where you can unleash your creativity, leverage your experience and that of those around you, we invite you to join us. We expect and reward disruption, transcendence and change making.
What we do
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to improve the well-being and self-reliance of displaced refugee populations by ensuring the provision of basic services (adequate health care & nutrition, shelter, water, sanitation & hygiene, HIV/AIDS prevention & treatment), GBV/Protection, improving food security and enabling economic recovery in and among refugees and host communities in Rwanda.
Your day to day responsibilities:
- Lead the Human Resource function in developing and implementing HR strategy to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture.
- Oversee implementation of departmental plan, and continually measure departmental progress against key strategic goals, regularly report on progress, and hold his/her team accountable to prioritizing and expected delivering results.
- Keep up to date with Rwanda country Employment and Labor Laws, and guide ARC Rwanda HR policy compliance and decisions around key people issues such as staffing plans, structural compensation management, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
- Management of all grievance and disciplinary issues and provide support and advise management on disciplinary and grievance issues, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed.
- Take the lead in HR legal engagement in coordination with ARC law firm and ensure that the organization is labor law compliant.
- Complete regular HR audits to ensure employee files, policies and procedures are up to date.
- Manage and keep up-to-date all HR administration systems including salaries & increments, leave, probation and training.
- Lead in recruiting new staff and development of key existing talent with clear career mapping and planned growth opportunities.
- Work with the Leadership Team to maintain and monitor an effective administrative and human resource system to support all program sector activities while assuring accountability and transparency.
- Performance and talent management planning and stewardship, including through ARC LEADS program.
- Represent ARC HRA matters in Rwanda including in sectoral or professional associations, internally and externally.
- All other backstopping duties as requested by the ARC Rwanda senior leadership
Required skills and experience we’re seeking
- A minimum of ten years’ experience successfully running a robust country or large program level HRA department. International experience in developing countries a plus.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Human resources, Administration, NGO Management or closely related social sciences required; with post-graduate qualifications and relevant professional HR certifications and trainings preferred.
- Experience as Unit Director or equivalent level experience, supervising senior and middle level HRA teams.
- Experience working in Rwanda and/or Africa, in a similar size NGO or large program.
- Relevant legal training and certifications, with good understanding of inter/national human resource policies and procedures a plus.
- Experience successfully working in and with multi-cultural teams and environment.
- Experience with change management in HRA settings, promoting process improvement, people skills and employee welfare and retention.
- Strong communications proficiency and presentation skills in English required.
- Exceptional computer skills and conversance with Microsoft applications and HRA software.
Qualities top candidates will possess
- Solution, service, and support oriented attitude and work ethic; and a willingness to guide colleagues and charges towards exploring options and solutions, while assuring fidelity to expected HRA policies and compliance.
- A team player, with ability to work in a high paced, demanding environment.
International and National candidates are open to apply.
Interested and qualifying candidates should submit applications – to include 1 page Cover Letter, an updated CV (max. 3 pages), and three names (plus titles & contacts) of relevant professional referees - to the following email address only: RWJobs@arcrelief.org
Only applications received through the above indicated dedicated email address will be considered. The deadline for submission of applications is April 30, 2019, at 17:00hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.