FORUM FOR AFRICAN WOMEN EDUCATIONALISTS (FAWE RWANDA CHAPTER)
“Supporting girls and women to acquire education for development”
TENDER NOTICE NO. 07/2018/FAWE-R
Recruitment of a Human Resource Consultancy Firm
As a national Chapter of the Regional Pan-African Forum for African Women Educationalists, FAWE Rwanda is a non-profit membership organization that brings together women and men interested in promoting girls’ and women’s education and development in Rwanda. Since its inception in November 1997, FAWE Rwanda has grown to become a reputable partner and a focal point for girls’ education in Rwanda.
Our mission is to promote gender equity and equality in education by fostering positive policies, practices and attitudes towards girls’ education. With various funding partners, FAWE Rwanda implement a number of programs that address issues that hinder girls’ education.
To conduct FAWE jobs analysis, jobs profiles, job descriptions and a salary survey
FAWE Rwanda requires having in its operational architecture, strong accountability mechanisms that allow it to function competitively. In pursuit of performance excellence, FAWE Rwanda is seeking for a credible service provider to conduct its institutional jobs analysis, jobs profiles, job descriptions and salary survey.
Objective of the assignment
- To conduct a systematic job analysis of the duties, tasks and responsibilities of each job including the review of necessary skills, knowledge and abilities a person needs to adequately perform the job;
- To define strategies on which performance development and evaluation should be based
- To provide a benchmark for appropriate salary scale related to FAWE jobs
1. An inception report detailing the methodology to be used, survey tools, key deliverables and deadlines;
2. A detailed draft report with the following:
- A job analysis of each position identified to include a job description (job title, purpose of the job, responsible for, main duties, subordinates etc.), job specification (education and training, experience, attributes, skills, etc.)
- An overall strategy on the way tasks should be arranged in order to enhance institutional performance
- A table comparing net salaries for not less than 10 NGOS or projects/ institutions for defined FAWE key positions
3. A final report to be delivered to FAWE after receiving and incorporating comments.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
The Consultant should have relevant documented experience of at least 5 years in line with the assignment and should have the following qualifications and competencies supported by reference letters:
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in one or more of the following areas; Human Resource, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Business Administration or any other relevant fields, with a befitting experience in conducting similar assignments.
- Excellent analytical, documenting and report writing skills
Duration of Assignment
The assignment should not exceed thirty (30) working days
Supervision and Reporting
The Consultant will report to the National Coordinator who will be supported by a taskforce composed of the FAWE Rwanda Senior Management and members of the Board of Directors. This taskforce will be responsible for approval of all deliverables. It is important that the expert transfer knowledge and skills to FAWE team during the assignment as part of the institutional capacity development efforts, hence skills transfer shall be part of the reporting.
Interested candidates should submit the following;
- Cover letter addressed to FAWE National Coordinator;
- Company profiles and proof of completion of similar work/recommendations
- Technical Proposal with work plan
- Financial Offer
- Other documents required (Tax clearance and RDB Registration)
The quotations should reach FAWE Office not later than 8th July 2018
FAWE Rwanda Chapter
Room, 116, First Floor, MINEDUC Building