Human Resource Coordinator
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Location: Butaro, Rwanda
This position is responsible for implementation of HR policies and strategies and coordination of activities such as leave management, discipline, staff performance evaluation, and staff welfare management as well as support recruitment in Butaro Campus.
- Work with the HR Team to strategize HR needs, create staffing plans, and manage employee relations;
- Ensure UGHE compliance with Rwandan labor laws and the highest standards of professional conduct;
- Conduct HR file audit to ensure job descriptions and employee files are up to date;
- Participate in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures that contribute to efficiency and effectiveness in people management;
- Coordinate recruitment and selection of competent candidates by user departments to meet the UGHE’s human resource needs in line with its growth and expansion plans;
- Coordinate Butaro Campus employee record management system to ensure both the manual and electronic records are updated in a timely manner, as well as have ease in access and retrieval;
- Coordinate leave management for the Butaro Campus and ensure timely development and implementation of leave schedules;
- Develop programs for Butaro Campus to train staff on the human resource related policies and procedures such as recruitment and performance management for UGHE to ensure uniform interpretation;
- Conduct the onboarding process for a new employee and coordinate staff welfare programs at the Butaro Campus to ensure they are in line with the annual plan of the departments; and,
- Provide secretarial services to all staff disciplinary committees including appeals filed to enhance professionalism in operations at Butaro Campus.
- Coordinate payroll processing for Butaro staff by recording relevant deductions
- Successful candidates must have at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in Human Resources Management;
- Have a minimum of a master's degree in Human Resource Management, Organization Development or related fields from a regionally accredited institution;
- Advanced/ Professional Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management with registration to professional body;
- Advanced organizational skills and capacity to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to effectively work on a team in a complex, fast-paced environment;
- Computer skills in word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs; proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google G Suite applications; and
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, partners, and clients.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in healthcare delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high-quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.