Human Resource Manager
Ampersand is an energy and mobility startup headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda. We‘re achieving the world’s first true mass-market shift to electric vehicles, a vital tipping point in the fight against climate change.
East Africa’s 5 million moto-taxi drivers are some of the hardest working people on the planet. Many days these drivers work more than 13 hours yet end up with little money in their pockets. Our energy and vehicle service platforms offer savings that can double a driver’s income.
Our electric motorcycles offer superior performance than the petroleum bikes, and reduce carbon emissions by more than 75%, Converting one of Rwanda’s petrol motorbikes to electric is the equivalent the carbon captured by 128 trees.
In order to accomplish all this, we are building a world-class team of mission-driven innovators, engineers, and managers that are ready to serve humbly and address the hard problems.
What we’re looking for:
The Human Resource Director / Manager will oversee a range of functions ensuring our team is happy and productive. As a young and fast-moving company, we need someone who is both comfortable meeting challenges head-on today and creating new systems and processes for the future to build the AmperFam to be the best team on the planet.
This role will report directly to the Rwanda Country Director and will manage a small team of administrative and support team members. Your objectives will include the following:
- Helping to create a values-driven culture of and humble service, teamwork, and innovation
- Receive and process employee feedback and concerns, facilitating constructive communication and escalating issues to key management
- Managing employee documentation including hard and digital records of contracts, work history, employee leave, payroll data, and performance management
- Support professional development efforts across the company through owning our internal review process and facilitating compensation adjustments
- Designing and owning the onboarding process for new team members
- Manage documentation and visa applications for international team members
- Ensuring the health and safety of our team is always at the highest standard, including liaising with our H&S committees, maintaining equipment, and monitoring incidents
- Keeping compliance with local labor policies and procedures
- Designing and maintaining our workplace environment
- Managing companywide recruitment efforts
Ampersand is a good fit if:
- You are ready to support people in a high growth company
- You have meticulous attention to detail
- You are motivated by seeing your teammates grow and develop
- You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution
- You are excited to grow a talented team of 40 to more than 80 within a year
- You value diversity and community in the workplace
What we want you to bring:
A strong work ethic, and the ability to manage shifting priorities and unforeseen challenges
- Minimum of 4 years of prior experience in human resources or large team management
- Degree in Human Resources or a related field is a bonus, but experience also valued
- Technical abilities with Microsoft office, and G-Suite – including abilities to analyze data and create dashboards
- Strong communication skills, including a supportive and nurturing disposition
- Professional fluency in Kinyarwanda
- (Bonus) Experience in a start-up environment
Timing and Compensation: ASAP, Compensation to commensurate with experience
Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter (in 1 document with your salary expectation) by using the” Apply for this job” button” below not later than January 21st, 2020.
Women are encouraged to apply.