Job Opportunity: Human Resources Manager & Verficateur (1)
LEADERS IN HEALTH SERVICES – LHS Ltd is an incorporated company, registered with the Rwanda Development Board. Its main objectives is to improve surgical care delivery in Rwanda by augmenting the Rwandan Health Sector with much needed ambulatory and elective surgical services through EJO HEZA SURGICAL CENTRE, a Specialized Hospital for General Surgery, Trauma – Orthopedics, Pediatric Surgery, ENT surgery, Urology, Cleft Surgery and Neurosurgery.
Principal place of business:
- LEADERS IN HEALTH SERVICES / EJO HEZA SURGICAL CENTRE,
- KIGALI CITY, DISTRICT OF GASABO, SECTOR OF REMERA, CELL OF RUKIRI 1,
- KG 636 ST 3
- O. Box 2416 Kigali
Despite our government’s major achievements within the health sector, the need for surgical services is still huge. University Hospitals, where most of the specialist surgeons work, must focus most of their efforts managing the most acutely unwell patients and patients with other complicated surgical conditions. The less acute and less complicated surgical conditions that are normally managed on elective basis have less and less room in the referral hospitals. They are usually scheduled and the waiting time is more or less 6 months. We are often finding that the long waiting times can result in the simple case becoming emergency or complicated – for instance, the simple inguinal hernia that progresses to a strangulated hernia. These cases then further impact the compound situation at the referral hospitals.
Ejo Heza Surgical Centre offers an opportunity for surgical treatment to the above mentioned patients through ambulatory surgical services with extended recovery area for up to 72 hours.
Ejo Heza Surgical Centre was opened to the public in July 2016 with a focus on the care of elective surgical conditions in the areas of General Surgery, Cleft Surgery and Trauma – orthopedics.
Since November 2019 Ejo Heza surgical centre was granted by the Ministry of Health the license to include other surgical specialties such as Urology, Neurosurgery, Pediatric Surgery and ENT Surgery.
In addition to be fully equipped with modern surgical and diagnostic equipment, Ejo Heza Surgical Centre employs highly qualified health care professionals in order to meet the needs of the patients.
To be the trusted Leader in caring for people
At Ejo Heza Surgical Centre, we are committed to providing excellence in the delivery of surgical care within a cost effective manner.
We are not only committed to providing timely individualized care but also treating both our patients and their families with compassion and respect.
Service: We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients and co- workers
Patient first: The patient is our first priority in everything we do
Professionalism: We conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards
Respect: We treat each individual with the highest professionalism and dignity
Innovation: We embrace change and work to improve all we do
Teamwork: We believe that system effectiveness is built on collective strength of everyone
SUMMARY OF SCOPE OF WORK
LHS/EHSC seeks Human Resources Manager & Verficateur who will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices, talent acquisition and Management, HR services and performing administration tasks, among others. The HR Manager will be reporting to the Hospital Administration Manager and will be supervising the assigned administrative & support staff.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform workforce planning and ensure it is reviewed accordingly,
- Drawing up plans for future personnel hiring procedures.
- Keep the management team updated on local labour laws, regulations, LHS/EHSC HR policies and instructions that could affect LHS/EHSC Rwanda policies and work
- Ensure that the monthly invoices to all partners are processed correctly and on time
- Take minutes of management meetings and distribute them once reviewed by the Managing Director.
- Translate/edit office documents agreed upon by the Managing Director.
Talent Acquisition & Management
- Lead and facilitate recruitment and internal mobility process.
- Recruiting and interviewing potential applicants on experience, skills and education
- Contacting applicants references
- Organizing and managing new employee orientation and training programs
- In collaboration with the Managing Director, develop and implement staff development plans as well as improvement plans.
- Under the guidance of the Managing Director, make a follow up and track the annual performance evaluation.
- Make sure all disciplinary actions are documented accordingly and followed through in compliance with Local Labor laws and internal polices & procedures.
HR services & Administration
- Covering all legal compliance for human resources in Rwanda: employment agreements must be kept in good order, all employees are in order with regards with social security (RSSB) and taxes (Rwanda Revenue Authority)
- Ensure that all payrolls are processed correctly and on time
- Preparation of monthly payroll for national staff and preparing checks or arranging bank transfer to staff bank accounts. Producing pay slips accordingly.
- Ensure that all staff have the necessary benefits according to Rwanda laws and LHS/EHSC policy
- Update and maintain staff leave documents and ensure that leave taken is properly documented with approvals by the authorized signatories.
- Maintain up-to-date and organized personnel files of all LHS/EHSC Rwanda national and International staff.
- Reconcile the national staff payroll with leave, contract dates, and other paperwork on file.
- Produce the national staff tax and National Social Security Fund (RSSB) records on a monthly basis.
- Receive timesheets for all Kigali national staff on a monthly basis.
- Perform exit procedures with all departing International and Kigali national staff to ensure that all personal telephone bills have been paid and that other issues (i.e. returning keys, forwarding addresses, payroll information) are finalized.
- Update and monitor HR computer based databases accordingly ( such as Workday)
- Ensure that policies are communicated in a timely manner and accessible to all staff.
- Ensure that work permit(s) are processed in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Follow every employee independently (leave, absenteeism.)
- Educate staff regularly on the content of the staff manual,
- Handle staffing issues, such as mediating disputes and directing disciplinary procedures.
Technical requirements/Competencies /Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field;
- Five years of experience to the similar position from reputable organization
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Creative problem solver
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human resources information system, Microsoft office and skills in database management and record keeping.
- General knowledge of labour law and best practices
- Excellent spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and employee coaching skills
How to apply:
Applications must be sent to the Managing Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Human Resources Manager & Verficateur ” in the subject line, no later than May 21, 2021.
NB: The application file should be submitted in one PDF file that combines:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV (3 pages max), including three professional references. References should include the current direct supervisor and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
- Notarised academic degrees.
- Copy of medical insurance card.
- Proof of employment history.
LEADERS IN HEALTH SERVICES – LHS Ltd is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis until the position is filled. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful.