POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
To support the Head of Human Resources in managing the Human Resources unit of the Bank. This covers all functions of human resources management, with emphasis on human resources development, performance management, compensation & benefits management, recognition & reward systems administration, employee relations and HR Operations.
To achieve effective integration of these functions with the overall Bank’s strategy and successful realization of the objectives through line management and retention of appropriate human resources capital for sustainable competitive advantage in a dynamic market.
- Work closely with departments, especially assisting line managers to understand and effectively implement HR policies and procedures;
- In liaison with line managers, develop HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Participate in the hiring process (policies, processes and tools) in attracting and selecting people with competitive attributes and skills. Ensure active monitoring of man power plans for adherence, scheduling of new hire activities and involvement in competency definition and assessment.
- Management of the probation process to enable successful onboarding experiences as well as facilitate timely confirmations of all new hires.
- Support the nurturing of a performance (result-oriented) culture throughout the bank, which is driven by suitable performance management, recognition & reward systems (policies, processes, and tools) and development programs.
- Assist in the process of training needs analysis, and execution of development interventions; collate information on staff development needs and participate in the identification and execution of suitable interventions to minimize knowledge and skills gaps.
- Participate in the design and development of organization structures, role responsibilities and competences that align to the business strategy of the bank.
- Knowledge and experience in modern Human Resource Management & Development practices to provide guidance on quality improvements and strategic changes across the entire bank.
- Technical skills to effectively perform and/or guide performance of Human Resource Management activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high-quality standards or benchmarks.
- Strong Performance Management competence to optimize own and staff productivity.
Value-based business perspective.
- Organization development skills to effectively provide guidance on structuring the bank’s functions for optimal performance.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support a high productivity and customer-service oriented culture.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- A University degree (HR or Business Related Discipline)
- Relevant professional qualification or Postgraduate training in Human Resource Management.
- At least 3 years Human Resource Management experience directly reporting to an HR Director/Manager in a medium to large organization.
- Experience in a banking and/or other financial services institution would be an added advantage.
- Line management experience would be an added advantage.
- Competence in use of HRIS/ HR Software and MS Office applications.
CBA has a proud heritage as one of East Africa's leading financial institutions and has for the past 50 years set the standard for personalized service and customer relation excellence. We attribute our success to the way in which we grow and nurture our talent. By aligning our values of elegance, prestige, comfort and confidence with an ethos of high performance and distinction, our brand promise is realised for both our customers and employees, giving them the opportunity to "get more out of life," If you believe that excellence is not an act, but a habit, then send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd May 2019.