EQUIP ICT and Data Officer
A Partner in Education (APIE) is a UK-registered charity operating in Rwanda, working to develop and share a model of quality, inclusive education. At the heart of our work is our pilot project, Umubano Primary School (UPS), where we have an exciting opportunity for an ICT and Data Officer to join our vibrant and friendly team, and help us deliver our vision of quality education for all.
As our ICT and Data Officer, you will be supporting APIE to implement a rewarding new programme funded by the UK Government: the Enhancing Quality Instruction for a Pre-primary project (EQUIP); which aims to improve Early Childhood Education by developing the professional skills of pre-primary teachers. This programme will be based on an eCourse, which will comprise written guidance, online components and forums, comprehensive monitoring and evaluation, and effective interactive high-quality training.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Undertaking research and presenting findings on suitable eCourse authoring tools, learning management systems, and electronic data collection tools
- Providing ICT support for the creation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tools and online course materials
- Creating offline solutions for content e.g. formatting content for capsule usage
- Carrying out data collection activities
- Carrying out data cleaning and analysis
- Contributing qualitative and quantitative data for report writing
- Attending field visits across three rural districts
- Providing technical support during trainings
- Monitoring and maintaining an online platform and providing analytics on back-end data
- Providing any other technical support as needed, including troubleshooting hardware and software problems
Location, Salary, and Benefits:
You will be based at APIE Rwanda’s office at Umubano School, Kabeza, Kicukiro. The role is 0.6 FTE (3 days per week), working hours 07:30-17:00 on three days to be mutually agreed, with occasional need for flexible working hours during field visits. Reporting will be done regularly to the Executive Director in Rwanda.
The salary is 500,000 Rwf gross per month, for 3 days each week. Benefits include Health Insurance plus daily lunch and refreshments.
What we need from you (essential):
- Bachelors Degree level qualification in ICT or other related fields
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis tools and software
- Knowledge of eCourse creation and offline content sharing solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and analytic skills
What we’d like from you (desirable):
- Masters level qualification in ICT or other related fields
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda
- Experience of working with international organizations (e.g. INGO, embassy, UN and Government)
- Experience in research and data collection
For more information and to apply for this role please email your CV, including the details of 2 references, and a cover letter to Amy Barnecutt, the APIE Executive Director, at email@example.com by 5 pm on the 4th January 2019.