The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co‐curricular learning opportunities emphasizing Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will experience the six Enterprises including Beef Cattle and Small Ruminants, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Tree Crops, Irrigation and Mechanization. The curriculum is designed to incorporate threads of Innovation, Conservation, OneHealth Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship. Communication, One Health Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship are woven throughout the curriculum. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts, or assume positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda.
We are seeking an IT Officer to monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the university. Your will be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and application problems, either over the phone or in person. Like any modern organisation we increasingly rely on computer systems in all areas of our operations and decision-making processes. It will therefore be crucial to ensure the correct running and maintenance of the IT systems.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Support the roll-out of new applications, set up new user accounts and profiles and deal with password issues, respond within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with staff/students.
- Act as technical support to students regarding their computer needs on campus.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in ICT.
- Experience in ICT support.
- Problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Have appropriate certifications in ICT, and be up to date with the latest solutions/products.
- Master’s Degree in ICT.
- Experience operating and maintaining ICT systems for a University.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application form using the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZ9uVoIarfhCa40gy2wnEx1V563WPHPnaniQu5h_v7FuabgA/viewform?usp=sf_link
Date: November 2, 2018