17th November 2020
To provide a ladder of opportunity to underserved communities in Rwanda, as we proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide financial services and biblically-based training that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
Individual Sales Officer
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of the underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love. Urwego Bank wishes to recruit (4) qualified, competent, committed, and proactive Individual Sales Officers to support the sales business of Urwego bank Plc Kigali Branches
Job Title: Individual Sales Officer
Department: Service Delivery Department
Reporting to: Sales Team leader
Directly Supervises: None
Individual Sales Officersis expected to develop and manage a portfolio for individual clients with minimum supervision to achieve growth targets as well as maintain excellent portfolio quality. The Individual Loan Officer acquire new clients, ensure the checklist is filled properly and should produce a credit analysis to the MCC or BCC requesting approval. Must also ensure that they provide reliable and quality customer service in a way that promotes Urwego’s entire business and enhances transformation in clients’ lives.
Promote and fulfill Urwego Bank’s 3Ms as listed above while working within a Christ-centered environment that is mission-driven, community-oriented, and results-driven.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
1. Ensure a personal, healthy spiritual balance within the family, work, and church life through the adoption of biblical personal and spiritual disciplines; and
2. Conduct daily work, make decisions, and help Urwego Bank make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
Major Ares of Focus
- Market and Business Development of Individual Loan Products to achieve growth targets
- Proactively identify potential loan clients, as well as potential depositors and follow them through until a deal is closed with Urwego
- Educate Individual business owners in the area of Urwego’s products and services and ensure all potential clients understand their responsibilities attached to a loan.
- Collect, verify, and update all client information and perform a comprehensive assessment of a potential client.
- Make objective recommendations on a potential client’s character, creditworthiness, and paying capacity to the credit committee.
- Ensure loans are processed in a timely manner according to the agreement, customer needs, and bank lending policies.
- Monitoring and recovery of delinquent loans from the Portfolio at Risk from one day to 90 days, but focusing on early-stage delinquency management (1-30 days)
- Maintain comprehensive records on all clients and submit timely reports (e.g., client exits, warning letters, visit reports, rescheduling request, etc.)
- Monitor usage of loans by clients to ensure regular loan payments and maintain Superior Levels of Customer Delight
- At all times, treat prospective and actual clients with respect, integrity, stewardship, and commitment to the poor in line with Urwego’s core values.
- Act as liaison between clients in the fields and the Sales Team Leader or Branch Manager, giving client feedback and providing recommendations on improving products to be more client-focused.
- Handle any other task assigned by the Sales Team Leader or Branch Manager
- Customer Orientation – Embodies a strong customer orientation and seeks new and better ways to serve end clients.
- Good Communicator – Communicates well, both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information with others. Presents ideas clearly and concisely.
- Attention to details – Crosscheck, verify all information and data from clients, do a background check to ensure the client’s character and capacity has been assessed
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains positive working relationships with clients, credit team, credit administration, and other support teams at all levels of the organization
Compliance to Policy and Procedure
Maintain a copy of the valid policy and procedure manuals for the critical processes associated with your work such as credit policy, HR Manual, fraud detection guidelines and ensure compliance to those policies
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic experience and/or training in accounting, financial, and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Good mathematical skills, ability to calculate interest, commissions, percentages, etc.
- Knowledge of the microfinance industry and community development.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the economy/markets where Urwego is operating
- Intermediate skills in personal computer operation, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, business administration, Finance or another similar field
- At least 2 years’ experience in a bank or an MFI institution as An Individual loan officer or Marketing officer
- High-quality selling skills are a requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and including report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Highly independent and driven by sales targets.
- Knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is a plus
How to apply
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to Urwego Bank Plc Head Office at Remera, Umuyenzi Plaza not later than 30th November 2020 at 5 pm.
Applications should be addressed to the HR Department
- An application letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
- Degree Certificate, and additional certificates if any.
- Recommendation from your Church with a validity of not less than 6 Months
- Signed Statement of Faith.
- Copy of ID
Only selected candidates will be contacted for the test.
Urwego Bank PLC