Position Title: Information Technology & Communication Officer
Office Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Supervisor Name: Absolom Muramira Supervisor Title: ACHIEVE Rwanda MEL Director
New or Replacement: New Position Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Expected Project End Date: 9/30/2022
Date of Submission: 9/16/2020
JOB DESCRIPTION (Please complete all Sections)
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance, and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance, and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact seeks a IT and Communications Officer for the ACHIEVE Rwanda program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
The aim of ACHIEVE Rwanda is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in selected high burden districts in Rwanda. The strategic objectives support the Government of Rwanda strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW; addressing social, behavioral, and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive SRH and violence response services to prevent new infections. The project supports OVC services in two districts and DREAMS activities in two districts. The project also provides capacity development to two local implementing partners to coordinate and support OVC and DREAMS service delivery programming and for USAID and PEPFAR project implementation.
The IT and Communications Officer will oversee all IT functions for the ACHIEVE office and support the communication needs of the ACHIEVE project.
Information Technology Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the IT Unit.
- Perform maintenance of all ACHIEVE Rwanda computers and peripherals
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Protect data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage, and other necessary means.
- Installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use.
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes with the IT department.
- Support with Global IT in ensuring all It needs are met in the country office.
- Provide IT support for meetings and workshops
- Provide support in electronic archiving of ACHIEVE Rwanda documents
- Provide support in ensuring weekly back up of Staff work data
- Attend to all computer breakdown/repair maintenance call
- Maintain office LAN, internet and printer sharing as needed
- Provide IT advice and solution as required for effective office functioning
- Assist in inventory management
- Testing and evaluating a new technology
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Manage ACHIEVE Rwanda systems (Dropbox, Smartsheet, AWS, DHIS et.tc)
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Support the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies, actions plans of business development for the organization.
- Support maintenance of social media platforms, databases, and knowledge management systems
- Provide support towards content development for ACHIEVE in Rwanda.
- In collaboration with the Technical Team and MEL Team, develop regular communication material highlighting ACHIEVE activities and achievements and/or engagements.
- Draft, translate, and disseminate communications products.
- Development of communication materials for awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and press releases in coordination with the Projects and CO management.
- Review of reference materials, identification of reference materials for retention. Maintenance of information database and photo library.
- Take part in communication activities including information campaigns where applicable (World AIDS Day, etc.)
- In collaboration with other Program team, assist in identifying and drafting success stories and compiling lessons learnt.
- Updating and maintaining online platforms, support design of content including graphic designs for digital distribution.
- Minimum of BSC in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related degree.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a similar role with an International Organization.
- Industry’s certification and membership i.e Microsoft, Cisco certified IT professional certification.
- Experience in international development project management and donor funds administration.
- Proven track record in maintaining IT structural integrity.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply
- All applications with a motivation letter and CV shall be sent through the following email address: email@example.com not later than September 30, 2020, mentioning the position title as a subject to email.