University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Job Title: Infrastructure Assistant
Reports to: Director of Infrastructure
Location: Butaro, Burera District, Rwanda
This position is responsible for providing support services across the core Infrastructure department functions of; Planning for new projects, maintenance of existing building structures and Information Technology (IT). The position will be charged with the dissemination of relevant information as well as supporting smooth operations of the Infrastructure Department. The position will further support the Director of Infrastructure in developing Infrastructure department policies, roll out of new systems and processes, and reporting.
- Assist with the write-up and dissemination of all department policies, procedures and systems including but not limited to; facility maintenance policies, standard procedures to guide the planning and development of new capital projects and IT policies
- Assist with the implementation, testing and user trainings of new systems including Audio-Visual Infrastructures, BIM 360 Ops facility maintenance system, etc.
- Prepare, document and report on all departmental level meetings including monthly department team meetings, client – contractor meetings, etc.
- Support in the preparation of the annual budget for Infrastructure department
- Represent the department in interdepartmental operational and logistical meetings that concern the infrastructure department
- Develop streamlined tracking and follow-ups on all Infrastructure department procurement requests serving as a liaison between Infrastructure and Procurement department.
- File all contractor payment requests and ensure their timely approval and payment
- Track, dispatch and report on progress made resolving all facility maintenance orders filled by campus users through the department issue tracking system.
- Provide support with campus space requests, allocation and follow up with office maintenance to carry out repairs
- Coordinate department team, contractor transport needs working with procurement and logistics team department
- Serve as a back departmental resource in periods where key department staff take vacation days.
- Support in resolving any departmental administrative and coordination problems and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Support the Director of Infrastructure in making timely follow up on key department functions keeping all managers focused on the key department priorities.
- Support the Director of Infrastructure in writing monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the departmental goals
- Manage schedules for the director of an infrastructure
- Minimum of 6months-1years of work experience in providing operational and administrative support services preferably in the field of infrastructure and/or facilities maintenance.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree engineering, facilities/estate management, architecture, Urban planning, business management, or related field from a recognized institution
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Google Drive, and other specialized design Software
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives; must be a quick learner, good writer, able to multi-task and easily adapt to changing circumstances;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, partners, and clients;
- Advanced organizational skills and capacity to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to effectively work on a team in a complex, fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment;
- Passion for social justice and desire to contribute to global health education; and,
- Ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and organizations.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high-quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter addressing candidate’s interest and fitness and experience to the job (3) Names and contact information of three professional references who can attest to experience in education, leadership, and management experience; at least one of these references should be an immediate supervisor and (4) copies of all degrees earned and current professional certifications.
Please upload your cover letter, CV, and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under "Additional Files" on the application page.