Mott MacDonald is currently positioning for the upcoming Cities and Infrastructure for Growth (CIG) project in Rwanda. CIG is a multi-country UK Government/DFID programme designed to support
inclusive economic growth and job creation. The aim of CIG is to strengthen the management of urban and infrastructure sectors and boost investment and to deliver inclusive economic transformation
and growth that is climate-resilient and contributes to poverty reduction and economic inclusion of disadvantaged groups in Rwanda.
This support will primarily take the form of Technical Assistance (TA) to government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) involved in (but not limited to) direct planning, financing and delivery of low-cost/affordable housing and other infrastructure; Urban planning and urban development and economic competitiveness; and Mechanisms or transactions involving private sector financing of such projects. The contracts will aim to deliver demand-driven Technical Assistance to MDAs at the national and sub-national level; it is also possible that support could be directed towards the private sector or non-governmental actors.
Mott MacDonald is inviting applications from qualified Rwandan and East Africa experts in the following technical areas:
- Qualified Civil/Transport Engineer/Planner preferably to Masters’ Level
- 5-10 years’ experience in Transport engineering in the roads sector/mass transport systems
- Significant experience in Rwanda or at least in one of Ethiopia or Tanzania.
- Experience of infrastructure and transport policy and strategy development
- Experience in providing Technical Assistance in the Transport and Infrastructure sectors to Government Ministries and Departments.
- Previous experience of working on IFI-funded projects (preferably DfID funded)
- Previous experience in project identification, project design, feasibility studies, project preparation and project management and implementation, stakeholder management
- Experience of providing technical assistance support to government Ministries, Departments, and Agencies