Interim Financial Planning & Reporting Coordinator (Maternity Cover)
As a key finance business partner, you will provide support to the finance director in the preparation of master budgets, working with budget holders in understanding and phasing of budgets, monitoring BVAs, preparation of reclasses where needed and preparation of donor financial reports and monthly recharges
In this role, you will be a go-to partner to provide support/guidance to budget holders on system/technical queries for BVAs and financial reports
You will be highly motivated, articulate and easy to talk to. To thrive in this role, you must be highly driven and a self-starter to achieve excellence.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Accounting, Finance, commerce or business administration degree from a leading university
- ACCA Part II or CPA qualified
- At least 3 years of experience in NGO sector organization.
- Significant budgeting and reporting experience, understanding of budgeting and forecasting.
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems like Sun systems, Agresso, PeopleSoft etc.
- A flair for figures and analysis
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of change and quick turnaround times, whilst delivering to the highest standards.
- Personal circumstances and commitment to travel to all field office when called upon
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Contract length: 5 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Interested candidates should send their applications documents (Cover letter and CV with referees’ contacts) renamed under your full name by following the below link:
A deadline for receiving applications is May 20th, 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*