POSITION: INTERNAL AUDIT OFFICER
The purpose of the role is to plan and carry out specific audit exercises on the bank’s operations in an efficient, economical and effective manner in conjunction with the Head of Internal Audit, so as to ensure that the bank’s operations comply with the legal requirements and the agreed bank policies and procedures.
- Participate and contribute in the risk assessment process for target audit areas and documentation of results as guided by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Prepare audit plan for specific audit assignments and implement in consultation with the Head of Internal Audit, to ensure completion within the agreed schedule.
- Develop, in liaison with the Head of Internal Audit appropriate audit tests and programs aimed at achieving the desired objectives in areas auditable.
- Draft, in concurrence with the Head of Internal Audit, suitable management letters reporting on key control weaknesses, non-compliance with procedures and management policies and regulatory requirements, among others, on those areas audited.
- Complete audit assignments delegated by the Head of Internal Audit according to the agreed plan.
- Carry out the identified continuous monitoring reviews and report on the results at the agreed intervals.
- Work together with External Auditors on annual confirmation of customer accounts balances and bank-wide end of year cash count and compile a report on this exercise.
- Assist in follow up and disposal of cleared audit issues logged from previous audits.
- Technical skills to effectively perform Internal Audit activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves established quality standards or benchmarks.
- Performance management to optimize personal productivity.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage expectations of auditees and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Planning and organizing to effectively structure work assignments for timely delivery on audit assignments.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance and customer-service oriented culture.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- University degree preferably in Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration.
- Qualified as CPA, ACCA or equivalent. Banking professional qualifications an advantage.
- Three years’ experience in internal audit or having been trained with a professional firm of practicing Accountants for at least two years.
CBA has a proud heritage as one of East Africa's leading financial institutions and has for the past 50 years set the standard for personalised service and customer relation excellence. We attribute our success to the way in which we grow and nurture our talent. By aligning our values of elegance, prestige, comfort and confidence with an ethos of high performance and distinction, our brand promise is realised for both our customers and employees, giving them the opportunity to "get more out of life," If you believe that excellence is not an act, but a habit, then send your application letter and CV to email@example.com by 2nd May 2019.