LOCATION: RUBIRIZI FARM, Kigali.
NUMBER OF INTERNS: (3)
Uzima Chicken ltd is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in the Country. We are a rapidly growing company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Uzima Chicken ltd is National based company.
Our vision is to bring healthy and affordable eggs and meat to every family in Rwanda, and East African Community, and in doing so improve nutrition, enhance rural farmer livelihoods, and create income opportunities for our customers and partners.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR AN INTERN.
- Supervising the day to day running of the operations on the farm
- People management on the hatchery or farms
- Cleaning, disinfection of farms and brooding preparation
- Vaccination and bleeding monitoring
- Feed, water, egg collection, litter management for sites
- Monitoring the lighting program for the breeders
- Weekly weighing of birds and feed allocation according to target weight for age
- Ensuring records for sites are up to date and produce a weekly and monthly report for the site
- Effective implementation of biosecurity procedures on farms
- Any other duty assigned by the Operations Manager in line with the company`s objectives
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INTERN:
- Fresh graduates – graduated within the last two years. Bachelor’s degree in Animal Production
- A minimum of a second-class division. Rwandan by nationality. Good communication skills in English and/or French and Kinyarwanda – knowledge of all languages will be an asset.
How to apply:
Interested Interns are requested to submit an Application letter and Academic Documents to:
email@example.com on or before 12th August 2020.