Horwath HTL Interconsult Ltd
KN 14 Av. 45 Kimihurura
Investment Analyst or Hotel Consultant
Horwath HTL Rwanda
Horwath HTL is an International consultancy specializing in Hotel & Tourism, www.horwathhtl.com with 50 offices in 40 countries Horwath HTL is the leading consultancy in the industry. Our office in East Africa-opened 2016 in Kigali, Rwanda - strengthens our local presence and provides our clients with an unrivaled combination of international contacts and expertise with knowledge of local markets.
Horwath HTL offers services to Governments, International Institutions and Private sector such as; development of tourism master plans, marketing strategies, market representation and investment promotion. Over the last years we have been supporting Rwandan Government in tourism and hospitality sector.
Horwath HTL employs over 200 permanent staff members world-wide and in addition calls upon experts from its network of affiliated consultants. Our consultants have worked in the industry at an international level and have a mix of functional and strategic skills and knowledge enabling us to provide expert advice regarding destination management and sustainable tourism development. This mix of skills and knowledge allows us to provide both innovative and workable business solutions.
Horwath HTL would like to recruit a qualified, dynamic and highly motivated candidate of high moral character and professional integrity to fill the position of Investment Analyst or Hotel Consultant. The Investment Analyst or Hotel Consultant will be part of the consultant team based at Horwath HTL head office in Kigali. She/he will be responsible for the drafting business plan models, financial projections, presentations and negotiations on senior level. The Investment Analyst or Hotel Consultant will be reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Investment Analyst / Hotel Consultant duties
- Analysis of financial statements, business plans and investment proposals;
- Drafting of business and investment plans, business concepts for potential investors;
- Market and competitive analysis;
- Assessment of tourism businesses and projects; presentation of results to high-level audience;
- Develop and propose strategic and operational measures for clients;
- Preparation and chairing of negotiations with finance institutions (development banks, commercial banks;
- Negotiations with potential investors;
- Drafting of budget plans for hotels and other tourism enterprises (USALI);
- Working with key stakeholders (public institutions and private sector) to ensure that project decisions are made;
- Follow up on action plans
- Coordination of project stakeholders to ensure timely project delivery;
- Check whether supporting documents such as: requisitions, invoices, and other supporting documents are available and comply with financial policy;
- Writing of project proposals, reports and presentations.
Profile of the candidate
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or any other related field.
- Partial or full Accounting professional qualification (CPA or ACCA) would be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of working experience in a financial institution, bank, consulting company etc,
- Ability to write clear and well-argued financial assessments;
- An honest, reliable and very accurate person;
- Experience in using accounting software
- Proficiency in office word, excel etc.
- Proficiency in investment calculations
- Experience in the hotel and tourism industry, particularly knowledge of Rwandan tourism sector, would be great plus.
- Capability for presentations and negotiations on senior level
- Have a working experience of not less than 3 years in business plan development and feasibility study.
- The candidate should provide his or her CV with concrete evidence of previous experience in related or similar assignment and copies of degree and or relevant certificates.
- The working language will be English; knowledge of both English and French would be an added advantage.
- The Individual must have strong analytical skills, demonstrate strong leadership and problem solving skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, good report writing skills, fluent in English (written and spoken), be a person of high integrity, a team player and able to work well under pressure.
Terms of Employment
This is a full-time position. The Investment Analyst / Hotel Consultant is based at the Head Office in Kigali with eventual travel to the clients in Rwanda and EAC countries. We offer a competitive salary with a bonus package and a medical insurance cover.
How to apply
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity apply on or before the 30th of June 2018. Applications including your curriculum vitae, mobile telephone contact, a working email address, qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, names and addresses of three referees should be emailed via the "Apply for this job" button below in 1 document.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.