About the Role:
The IT Assistant facilitates the management and maintenance of the IT environment and infrastructure. Provide technical support for efficient and effective IT operations/solutions. The IT Assistant provide effective, customer focused and proactive administrative service to Kirehe Field Office. He/She may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in Information Technology or Advanced Information Technology Diploma from a reputable institution
- Experience of one to two years preferably in INGO with good background in user support
- Strong capabilities in the following products, platforms, and areas of expertise: Microsoft Windows 10 32/64 bit; Linux; TCP/IP Networking, DNS, DHCP, WAN; Remote Access
- Experience in installing and supporting Hospital softwares such as OPEN MRS ( Medical Record system) is an added value
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency of recent networking, telephony, internet technologies and ability to maintain awareness of current technologies and trends within these areas.
- Strong analytical skills and planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management and task prioritization ability
- Experience in property management, admin, and Staff safety and Security tasks.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
The deadline for receiving applications is 25 January 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*