Job Title: IT Technician
Reports to: IT Manager
Location: Kinigi, Musanze, Rwanda
The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund is seeking an experienced professional to join our team as an IT Technician. The position is based at our new Facility named Ellen DeGeneres Campus of The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, located at Kinigi in Musanze, Rwanda. The successful candidate will join a team of over 130 staff working at the Fossey Fund’s field sites in Rwanda.
Formal education and certification
A Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science. Accredited certification with a focus on Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Programming would be an added advantage. At least 2 years of IT related work experience
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of PC problems for a variety of end users, and implement relevant corrective solutions.
- Perform connectivity troubleshoots on networks and firewalls.
- Maintain and troubleshoot running servers’ services when necessary.
- Install and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Conduct research on computer products in support of procurement. Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstations hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
Knowledge and experience
- High level of technical support knowledge for multiple Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, BSD and MacOS).
- Ability to work with multiple headless servers and server technologies like Hypervisors, OS-level virtualization, and VPNs on both servers and client machine with good knowledge of CLI (Command Line Interface) for Windows and Unix Systems for servers’ manipulation (Terminal Shells and Power Shell).
- Good skills in hardware peripherals troubleshooting.
- Ability to accurately follow technical and procedural sequence of instructions especially in networking and programming.
- Intermediate database skills using PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Be up to date on current trends and technology for software, hardware and computer components.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work long hours
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and well detailed CV no later than 31st March 2023 at 5:00 pm CAT via the apply button below,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through e-mail, not later than two weeks after the submission deadline.
The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund