IT helpdesk Assistant
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Job Title: IT Helpdesk Assistant
Reports To: IT Specialist
Location: Butaro, Burera District, Rwanda (full time)
Responsible for monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks within UGHE. IT Helpdesk Officer will be responsible for the installation and configuration of computer systems, diagnose software faults and solve technical and application issues. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Support the student/ faculty with the audiovisual configuration, before/ during/ after class;
- Making sure that the audiovisual equipment is maintained in health condition and serviced appropriately;
- Respond to queries/ Talking to staff, students or faculty through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve IT issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnosing and solving software faults and some basic hardware issues, replacing parts if required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports to the supervisor;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new user accounts and profiles and dealing with password setup issues;
- Respond to email messages for users seeking help;
- Walk user through the problem-solving process;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with the staff and other UGHE partners;
- Testing and evaluating new technologies deployed on the university computer systems;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment;
- Follow up with users to ensure issues have been resolved to their satisfaction;
- Keeping track of records for all issues reported and how they were resolved
- Collect feedback from users about computer usage.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Promote continuity of service delivery by keeping the team informed of any potential problems and provide possible solutions.
- Help users to adequately connect to the appropriate University network systems
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- BSc in IT, Computer Science or relevant field
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other user support role
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Applicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a personal statement, (4) names and contact information of three professional references (5) copies of all degrees earned. Please upload your cover letter, personal statement, and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under "Additional Files" on the application page.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes in health care.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Over three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high-quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima (IMB) - PIH’s sister organization - and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
The Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program, launched in July 2019, aims at improving individual and population health by training diverse clinician leaders with the skills, attitudes, and commitment to promote wellness, to ease suffering, and to develop effective and equitable health care delivery systems. Consistent with UGHE’s vision of training future leaders with expertise in health care delivery, MBBS students will also be granted the MGHD degree. In 2017, the Center for Nursing and Midwifery Leadership (CNML) was developed to address the gaps in nursing and midwifery education and to meet the needs of the healthcare system and most vulnerable patients around the globe.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in their drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as they uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link:https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2Fo9XQgfwW
The deadline: 7th October 2021