- The Institute of Policy Analysis and Research- Rwanda (IPAR) wishes to put a portion of its funds towards hiring an eligible company for maintenance of IT equipment. The institute will apply a portion of the funds to eligible payments under the contract for which this tender notice is issued.
- IPAR now solicits bids from eligible companies to provide the above services for a period of 12 months: More details on the services are provided in the terms of Reference.
- This tender notice is open to all interested companies fulfilling the requirements herein.
- Interested companies must possess the following in their bids:
- Evidence of experience of at least 3 years in IT maintenance services
- Should be able to demonstrate a high level of accomplishment and integrity in the maintenance of IT equipment;
- Trading license
- Valid RRA Non-Clearance
- Valid RSSB certificate
- CVs and degrees of key personnel
- 3 Certificates of good completion from public or private institutions
5. Bids must be in sealed envelopes and must be delivered in three copies each, one of which should be marked “ORIGINAL” to the address below: THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, P.O. BOX 6005 KIGALI, KIMIHURURA BELOW OFFICES OF THE PRIME MINISTER, TEL: 0789099704, email@example.com
6. Late bids will be rejected. The bid submission deadline is 04/08/ 2020 at 10:30 Am local time.
7. A site visit is scheduled for 31/07/2020 at 10:00 am at IPAR-RWANDA’s office.
1. TASKS TO BE PERFORMED ON THE IT EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE
The following is a summary of the tasks to be performed on the IT equipment. The bidders are allowed to extend the list and propose other relevant and appropriate tasks to be performed. Cleaning, checking and repairing equipment faults and replacement with appropriate spare parts as well as other relevant maintenance tasks are the main parts of the work.
Note also that prior to the submission of the bids, the proponent should make a site visit to perform a thorough assessment of all equipment that will be part of the maintenance contract.
1.1 Tasks to be done on desktop and laptops
- Servicing keyboards due to accumulative dust
- Checking and correcting character-to-key mapping for keyboards
- Cleaning dust on CD-ROM drive bays
- Checking integrity of hard disks, RAM chips, expansion cards, and mainboards
- Cleaning of mouse and track all counter surface that eventually affects the movement of mouse
- Fix any faulty hardware
- Perform all other relevant tasks related to repair and maintenance of desktop, laptops, and accessories.
1.2 Tasks to be done on servers
- Checking integrity and repair of hard disks (with RAID technologies and Windows & Linux OS), RAM chips, expansion cards, power supplies, and mainboard as well as network cards.
- Clean case, CD-ROM drive bays, blow out the dust, and ensure proper power and KVM connectivity.
- Ensure cleanliness and orderliness of wiring closets in a technical environment.
- Fix any fault hardware
- Perform all other relevant tasks related to repair and maintenance of servers and their accessories.
1.3 Tasks to be done on printers
- Blowing out and cleaning dust and tonner residue from paper trays, paper rollers, and toner and drum cartridges areas.
- Surface cleaning of all equipment
- Fix any fault indicated by the error message as well as any fault hardware
- Any other repair work and replace the damaged spare parts where necessary.
- Perform all other relevant tasks related to repair and maintenance of the printers.
1.4 Tasks to be done on air conditioners
- Change or refill the air conditioners' refrigerant/gas periodically and get the condenser cleaned regularly. The supply of gas is part of maintenance.
- Inspect, clean and where necessary change air filters
- Inspect air duct system
- Clean and adjust blower components
- Check all gas connections, gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger and take action accordingly
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces and fix accordingly
- Check all electrical components and fix any faults for proper operations
- Check insulation levels and seal air leaks and repair where necessary
- Check refrigerant pipe connections for signs and leakage and fix accordingly
- Check and fix all pumps and auxiliary equipment
- Perform all other relevant tasks related to repair and maintenance of the air conditioners
1.5 Tasks to be done on office network cabling.
For the office network cabling, the tasks will be fixing data, voice, and power sockets that are not working. Where necessary tighten the network and power cables, equipment connections within the racks in the server room, patching cables with issues in the patch panels, and test connectivity in the offices.
1.6 Tasks to be performed on UPS
- Clean and fix all power connections at the input and output terminals.
- Diagnose UPS batteries and fix any problem or replace them where necessary
- Perform a thorough dusting and vacuuming of all cabinet interiors
- Carry out a complete inspection of the UPS and fix any other faults
1.7 Tasks to be performed on the Access Control and Time and Attendance
- Check and fix the access control power and network connections
- Check and fix the access control exit buttons and door magnetic lock
- Perform any other repair and maintenance tasks related to access control and time and attendance systems.
1.8 Tasks to be performed on office telephone equipment and projectors
Office telephone equipment and projectors will also be regularly serviced.
2. Qualifications and required expertise
The potential IT Equipment maintenance firm(s) must demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Having competent and experienced staff as evidenced by their track records in their CVs
- The firm must be having working experience of at least 3 years in the field of IT equipment supply and maintenance.
- Give minimum 3 Government or Private Companies where they had supplied and maintained similar IT equipment with the certificates of completion
- The firm must provide at least one engineer certified in MCSE with at least 3 years of working experience with DELL and HP server maintenance, RAID technologies, Windows server 2012, and Linux distributions operating systems.
- The firm must provide at least one electrical engineer with at least 3 years of working experience in UPS, access control, and air conditioner service maintenance.
- The firm must provide at least one engineer with at least 3 years of working experience in printer maintenance, specifically Xerox WorkCentre MFP, HP printers, and Kodak scanners.
- Expertise in computer hardware
- Expertise in local area network operations
- Excellent skills in the planning and execution of preventive and corrective maintenance
NB: Any other spare parts and IT equipment needed not mentioned among the above list will be subject to negotiation at the market price value.