Career Opportunities: IT Operations Associate G6 (86883)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of the Head of IT and the direct supervision of the IT officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialised network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
2. Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
3. Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided to staff.
4. Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
5. Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff.
6. Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
7. Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
8. Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
9. Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
11. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Monitors and supervises maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to correct inconsistencies and improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in information technology, telecommunications, information management or/and related fields.
Language: Fluency in both written and oral communication in French or English and a working knowledge of the other.Good knowledge of Kinyarwanda.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has 6 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in ICT with experience in general IT infrastructures deployment and maintenance and administration.
- Has experience analysing service management results and development service enhancement recommendations.
- Has participated in business process re-engineering efforts and identified service management improvements.
- Has experience participating in country office procurement/budgeting process.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
At least three years of progressively responsible job related experience in information technology or telecommunications or information management, such as, WAN/LAN networking, operating systems, telephone services, radio unit, web design, registry or similar. Some experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit, web design team, telephone maintenance service, e-marketing group, hotline, or similar.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 August 2018
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply