IT Systems Administrator
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We have the vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the IT role:
Andela is seeking an IT Systems Administrator with core competencies in Systems management and IT infrastructure support and is a “world class” technologist.
You are the person who understands how IT systems work under the hood. You have the passion for supporting users in a large complex environment. You are able to transfer your technical expertise to members of your team as well as other members of the Andela organization. In this role, you will devise strategies that would leverage technology solutions to solve business challenges positioning IT team and the company at large as world-class players.
Your personality reflects that:
You are passionate about IT.
You have a clear vision of technology and are able to understand the multiple complex pieces of a technology problem and provide the best solution.
You are driven and will not let challenges go unsolved.
You have a keen sense and understand how IT systems play a major role in an organization’s growth.
On this job you will:
- Monitor network security and performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency); support configuration and maintenance of our corporate office network
- You will be responsible for all IT-centric systems, managing, monitoring, tracking, reporting and resolving any issues that might come up during the day to day operation of each system.
- You will manage the helpdesk system, keeping to strict SLAs as defined.
- You will serve as the first point of contact for all IT related issues and escalate to the appropriate levels.
- Monitor network security and performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency); Support configure and maintain our corporate office network
- Create reports that are otherwise to be used to make various decisions to do with the network and the internet.
- Testing network weaknesses, installing and implementing security programs that will ensure that the organization is protected from cyber threats
- Diagnosing and fixing problems or potential problems with the network and its hardware, software, and systems
- Ensure Network infrastructure are effectively maintained
- Be involved in the procurement of new hardware, the rollout of new software and subsequent licensing.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- You would on occasion provide remote support to users across different time zones.
- You will liaise with and support other departments to provide all technology solutions that they might need to fulfill daily tasks.
- You will serve as liaison to third parties to resolve IT issues within the company.
- You will provide subject matter expertise, advice, and consultancy for infrastructure and IT systems.
- You will monitor and effect all IT policies and strategies defined by the organization.
- Be proactive in communicating within and without the department ensuring information transparency.
- You will on occasion work outside regular work hours.
What makes you a great fit for this role?
- The ability to troubleshoot IT networks and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Experience in managing a large user base.
- Deep understanding and demonstrated knowledge of core IT concepts including routing, firewalls, operating systems’ maintenance, computer hardware repairs.
- Working technical knowledge of the Linux operating system and similar environments.
- At least 5 years in IT Administration and managed a large user base.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Link to the job: https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/1470511