Place of Work:
Staff directly reporting to this post:
Tentative start date:
IT Technician Intern
Rubavu - Gisenyi Office
Who We Are
Inyenyeri is a for-profit corporation with a social business charter focused on providing a healthy renewable energy solution in Rwanda that can be replicated across sub-Saharan Africa. Inyenyeri uses a fuel-side, or utility company, approach to ensure that even the poorest Rwandan households have access to clean cooking fuel and high quality gasifying cook stoves. Inyenyeri’s revenue stream is derived from the sale of biomass cooking fuel pellets. Our solution is a cleaner, healthier, faster, cheaper and more sustainable alternative to charcoal and wood cooking. Inyenyeri has a current staff complement of approximately 164 staff.
About the Role
Inyenyeri seeks highly motivated and experienced professionals to fill the position of IT Technician Intern, who that will install and maintain computer systems, Mobile phones, Printers/copiers, scanners aiming for the highest functionality.
A successful IT Technician intern must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware, Printers/copiers, scanners and a variety of internet applications and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and have well-maintained office electronic machines to optimize the role of technology on Inyenyeri business sustainability.
- Set up computers, phones, printer/copier and necessary peripheral devices
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure better functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least have A2 in Electronics with proven knowledge in IT users support or 2 years in University in Computer Science, IT, Electronics and other related fields;
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position at least 1 year
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Basic knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles;
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. SISCO IT Essentials)
- Highly motivated and fast in his/her work
- Strong analytical skills and planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel to field areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Good documentation skills are desired.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of needed.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a busy environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management and task prioritization ability
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Inyenyeri values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals takes responsibility for own personal development
- Engages and motivates others
- Future orientated thinks strategically
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgment
- Acts in the best interests of Inyenyeri
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to https://inyenyeri.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=35
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.