JUNIOR FIELD AGRONOMIST ROLE
Your role as Junior Agronomist would be to manage a large farm primarily producing Avocado. As the Junior Field agronomist your will support the Senior Agronomist in ensuring good management of the farm and high production.
INTRODUCTION TO SOUK FARMS
SOUK is an Agri-business investment company dedicated to the application of cutting-edge solutions in farming, trading, processing, and logistics. SOUK specializes in export of fresh horticulture produce from the beautiful and picturesque country of Rwanda.
SOUK is driven by an overarching mission to become a sustainable agricultural food products provider and partner. We aim to be at the forefront of pioneering innovation to improve the sustainability of agriculture in Africa.
- Your primary role is to ensure that expected production is always met. You will be accountable for the delivery of expected yields from the farms.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising Farm Managers, and other Farm staff.
- Attaining Global GAP certification for the farm.
- Crop budgeting and planning, and permanent record keeping Coordination of harvestings and advising the management of daily harvestings.
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Prepare and present detailed field reports to the lead supervisor and management.
- Ensuring that logistics coordinator observes proper transportation and documentation of produce from the field to the end customer.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Insect, weed, and disease monitoring / diagnostics.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Ensuring the produce meets the international buyer requirements. Particularly the Global GAP accreditation.
- Making chemical, fertilizer, and seed recommendations.
- Proactively promote and inform the sales team on current and potential upcoming agronomic issues that affect growing crops.
- Keep up to date with agronomic practices by attend company sponsored workshops and seminars to gain and maintain agronomic knowledge.
- Certificate/Diploma in Horticulture or an equivalent combination of education.
- Experience in growing Avocado is a must.
- Growing Habanero, French Beans, Tomato, and bird eye Chili will be an added advantage
- Added advantage of Experience in attaining farm certification (i.e. Global GAP).
- Have at least 2 years of field experience in Horticulture.
- Sound knowledge of fertilizer and chemical products with fertilization recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
APPLY USING THE LINK BELOW:
Please click the following link to apply: https://bit.ly/JUNIORFIELDAGRONOMISTAVOCADO
Deadline: 20th September 2021 11:45 PM