About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
As One Acre Fund's Fulfilment Center Associate in Kenya, you will manage the Tupande Warehouses (WH) and Tupande Fulfillment Centers (TFC). This will comprise facilitating the planning and coordination of input reception, warehousing, inventory management, and distribution of inputs and fulfilment of orders to the 600,000+ farmers and 300+ Retail outlets; managing the staff, and analysing key metrics to monitor and performance and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. Your work will have a tremendous impact on our main mission of serving all farmers.
You will report to the Kenya Logistics Lead and will largely work with other businesses including Rural Retail, Field operations, Tupande Online, and other support departments.
- Order fulfilment: receive and stock inventory, pick, pack and ship orders to different Business Unit (BU) clients with timely, cost-effective, deliveries through strategic planning and collaboration.
- Create KPIs and implement strategies for evaluating and improving WH and TFC performance, and work with other KE Supply chain sub-departments to achieve key KPIs such as OTIF, Order Accuracy, Order Processing time, Inventory accuracy, Damage and disposal Rate, Receiving cycle time, Receiving accuracy and Delivery Cost per Revenue.
- Monitor end-to-end warehouse processes, standardize operational procedures and improve operational efficiency while minimizing costs, including the undertaking of special projects.
- Streamline stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Identify and address opportunities and risks within your scope of work through contingency planning.
- Contribute to annual strategy setting and the department's OKRs execution.
- Build a team culture that represents One Acre Fund values and creates a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree, in Business, Supply Chain Management, applied mathematics, or operations management.
- At least 5+ years of FMCG, E-Commerce or warehouse management experience
- Experience with SAP ERP or related systems
- Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), as they will be used to analyze and present data, create reports, and make informed decisions.
- Experience setting strategic direction, and managing projects from idea to implementation.
- Leadership experience at or outside of work.
- Language: English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
17 April 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.