The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC- PSM) Rwanda Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives in Rwanda. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), Population and Reproductive Health, and Maternal and Child Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain management initiatives in collaboration with the MOH, MPPD, and other partner organizations.
GHSC-PSM Rwanda supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
Health commodity procurement and logistics, Systems strengthening technical assistance, and Global and local collaboration to improve long-term availability of health commodities.
The Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Advisor is responsible for the knowledge management and communications activities, internal and external, to support GHSC-PSM’s country office in Rwanda. The Advisor will spearhead program information gathering and dissemination activities, develop and implement KMC strategy, support technical reporting and completion of specific communication products. The Advisor will collect, finalize and disseminate technical reports, photographs, technical briefs, and other knowledge products, and will also be responsible for knowledge sharing, participating in team building and work planning activities. Working closely with program partners and M&E team members, the Advisor will ensure timely and consistent communication of project impact. In addition, the Advisor will document the program through photography and create multi-media messages to contribute to web, social media, reports, and other communication channels, and supervise consultants (where applicable). The KMC Advisor will report directly to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor and work closely with the U.S. based Senior KMC Strategist – Country Programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic communication plans and lead implementation, advancing the project’s vision, mission, and mandate utilizing various media formats targeting a variety of audiences.
- Establish and socialize KMC systems, platforms, processes, and tools to support efficient and effective knowledge management, learning, and communications and to ensure project’s institutional memory.
- Advise and support the Country Director and Technical Director to achieve and maintain effective communications with USAID, staff, Ministry of Health and other local partners, and project stakeholders.
- Lead discussions and training with technical staff to forecast and gather stories, photos, interviews, and data so that technical staff are prepared to support story telling.
- Liaise with GHSC-PSM’s headquarters (HQ) Senior KMC Strategist – Country Programs and the rest of the KMC team, providing data and information to support global communication initiatives and activities.
- Contribute to the project’s community of practice of KMC staff and points of contact in more than 30 country offices worldwide.
- Ensure documentation of activities through photography (and possibly video), both by taking high-quality photos using equipment provided by the project and by hiring and managing professional photographers (and possible videographers).
- Produce and disseminate accurate and useful communication and knowledge products such as stories, social media content, newsletters, fact sheets, talking points, newsletters, technical reports, quarterly and annual reports, presentations, conference abstracts, banners, and possible videos and other multimedia.
- In collaboration with GHSC-PSM HQ, assist USAID to respond to media inquiries as requested by USAID.
- Plan and lead workshops to train staff on branding, photography, storytelling, knowledge management, and communications best practices.
- Develop and implement strategies and activities to promote learning both internally and externally.
- Ensure all KMC products are uploaded and archived on the project’s document management system.
- Review and edit project communications for clarity, conciseness, and consistency in English and French.
- Serve as brand champion to ensure compliance to style, branding, and marking requirements.
- Understand and adhere to project and central goals, strategies, and established policies and procedures; promoting them throughout GHSC-PSM staff.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
- BA/Master’s degree in communications, knowledge management, public health, international development, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in knowledge management and communications, experience working in supply chain logistics, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Experience promoting and maintaining an international project or company brand; experience with USAID branding preferred.
- Experience implementing and managing new workflow systems and processes.
- Experience managing and/or producing high-quality photographs and other communication products for a variety of channels (e.g., print, digital, video).
- Experience in managing communication sub-contractors, including graphic designers and photographers.
- Experience collaborating effectively via email, conference call, and other communication channels with colleagues in various geographic locations.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to rewrite technical information for non-experts.
- Excellent command of Kinyarwanda preferred.
- Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in knowledge management and communication best practices.
- Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs.