- Ensuring that HQ Power’s operations are conducted within its constitutive documents, regulations, policies and other legal requirements;
- Providing technical and team leadership towards the provision of quality legal services to HQ Power by providing internal legal advice on matters affecting the HQ Power operations or its employees;
- Ensuring that loan agreements, security documents, and other commercial agreements to which HQ Power is a party are properly negotiated, documented, and, where applicable, registered;
- Ensuring HQ Power’s adequate representation by external legal counsel and otherwise in legal proceedings and dispute resolution processes;
- Setting work programs related to legal matters and providing guidance and supervision, all for the purpose of effectively managing and mitigating HQ Power’s legal risk.
- Responsible for general administrative and operational processes related to legal matters and mentoring more junior lawyers (if applicable) in the team.
- Managing and drafting construction contracts, financing documents, shareholder agreements, joint ventures agreements, and Shareholder buyouts
- Overseeing private equity transactions and equity fundraisings
- Administrating mergers and acquisitions and carrying out due diligence
- Advising on optimal equity structure of HQ Power and providing leadership in the execution of restructuring plans approved by the Board of HQ Power.
- A Master’s degree in Law, Business, Finance, Economics or other relevant field and a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (i.e. LLB or equivalent) from a recognized institution;
- Admission to the bar (as an attorney, advocate, barrister or equivalent) in the jurisdiction of qualification;
- Qualification to practice English Law will be an added advantage.
- Experience in international financing, project finance and/or project development in Africa will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 9 to 10 years of combined relevant experience, including international work experience in a commercial, financial or legal advisory institution and/or public sector financial body (e.g. law firm, multi-national corporate, bank, insurance company, investment advisory firm, DFI, Ministry of Finance, National Treasury, Sovereign Wealth Fund);
- Robust background as a commercial lawyer;
- A proven track record leading teams to achieve results;
- Strong legal drafting, problem-solving, negotiation, organizational and planning skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, manage dynamic priorities, and work pressure to deliver on strict deadlines;
- A team player with experience in leading teams, and collaborating in cross-functional working groups;
- A results-oriented individual with excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English, in French, Turkish or Israeli is a requirement.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates matching the requirements are invited to apply using the “Apply for this job” button below before the 23rd October 2018.