EAST AFRICAN UNIVERSITY RWANDA (EAUR) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
East African University Rwanda (EAUR) is a Private University accredited by the cabinet decision of 20/03/2015 working in Rwanda, Nyagatare District since 2015. It offers different programs in Business Studies, Leisure, Hotel & Tourism Management, Film Making and Film Production, Industrial Art & Design, Education (both Sciences & Arts) and Mass Communication & Journalism. As we continue to expand and grow, EAUR seeks to recruit competent and qualified staff to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: Librarian
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage convenient, accessible library and information services.
• Develop and maintain special indexing systems and files for special collections.
• Maintain the organization of library materials.
• Ensure efficient retrieval by users.
• Develop and maintain cataloguing procedures.
• Distribute materials for cataloguing.
• Enter cataloguing data into the library’s automated systems.
• Process resources for placement on shelf.
• File users’ cards in shelf list.
• Provide library services in response to the information needs of library users.
• Train library users to effectively search the library catalogue, internet etc.
- A Bachelors in library sciences.
- Strong knowledge of the Library management system (KOHA) added advantage.
- Ability to translate students needs and interests into effective library services and programs.
- Knowledge of current trends in library services for staff and students.
- Knowledge of standard library procedures, current information technology, internet and database search capabilities.
- Able to recognize and set priorities, and to use initiative and independent judgment in a variety of situations.
- Able to learn and stay current with emerging technology, including digital media.
- Must be able to speak distinctly to large groups and available to work evenings and weekends when needed.
No of positions: 1
Interested candidates with career aspirations that match these opportunities should submit the following documents at the Reception of East African University Rwanda (EAUR) not later than 30th June 2018 at 5:00 pm or/and sent soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application letter (including daytime telephone, a working email address,
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of Degrees and/or certificates and transcripts
- Copy of Identity card or passport
Note: EAUR is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Done at Nyagatare
On 10th May 2018
Prof. Joseph Gahama