TERMS OF REFERENCES FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF UNDERWRITER
Job Position: Life Insurance Underwriter
The Prime Life Underwriter reports to the Head of Underwriting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assessing documents to identify the level of risk considering factors such as the condition of the property, health status and financial potency of the clients, etc.
- Carefully reviewing the insurance forms and applications and pointing out any discrepancies
- Appointing reinsurance of policy if the degree of risk is high
- Making an effective assessment of the risks involved by conducting thorough background and credit checks of the potential clients, including their medical history
- Estimating the possible risks and examining the salary amount and employment history of the consumers to finalize an insurance and premium amount
- Discussing the insurance terms and policies with the clients and their brokers
- Examining the financial profiles and personal information of the loan applicants and taking decisions of approval. Moreover, explaining the repayment policies and different types of loans available
- Maintaining an elaborated and correct documentation of the decisions taken and policies underwritten.
- Assist in the development of new products.
- Any other duties assigned.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields;
- Having experience in the insurance industry will be an added value;
- Having started professional courses such as CII or having professional qualifications would be an added advantage;
- Be a good communicator;
- Proficient in English is required, mastering French is an added advantage;
- Possess presentation and report writing skills;
- Rwandese by Nationality
- Age less than 45
Only Qualified Candidates should submit their application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with proven work Experience, Copy of academic documents, transcripts and a copy of National Identification to PRIME LIFE INSURANCE Ltd mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting applications is on 15th November 2018 at 5 pm local time. Applications should be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of PRIME LIFE INSURANCE Ltd.
Chief Executive Officer