GOLDEN PLAZA, 3rd Floor
KG 546 Street 1
P.O. Box 6639-Kigali
Tel.: + (250) 738795924
Employment Opportunity: Logistics Officer
Why choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. We’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of, and appreciation for, the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. The longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
About Ingobyi Activity
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year, USAID-funded, project designed to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda, working collaboratively with the Ministry of Health (MOH). Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth International seeks a Logistics Officer for the USAID Ingobyi Activity. Reporting to the Procurement and Logistics Manager, Logistics Officer will handle all local and international travel arrangements, coordinate hotel reservations for staff, monitor motor vehicle use, and support asset management. This includes assisting with ground transport arrangements for guests and Activity staff; managing project vehicles in terms of driver allocation, maintenance, fleet scheduling, fuel, and mileage monitoring; manage air travel in liaison with the travel agent; enforce motor vehicle usage policy; review of ground transport, vehicle maintenance, and air travel bills; and support procurement-related matters. S/he will work closely with the Admin and Finance Team in coordination with the technical teams in the country office.
- Oversee the management of the office vehicles, including tracking, parking, and security;
- Coordinate and process car hire and local air travel requests from users in line with approved logistic plans ensuring cost-effectiveness;
- Manage and organize ground transport logistics in the most cost-effective and efficient manner and as per stipulated travel policies and any applicable regulations;
- Ensure that all transportation services are provided satisfactorily;
- In coordination with the drivers, ensure monthly reports are prepared on vehicle mileage, fuel consumption, repairs, and maintenance;
- Ensure all vehicles are in good working condition and supervise their maintenance and cleanliness;
- Maintain updated and easily accessible motor vehicles and logistics files;
- Monitor international travels against the donor pre-approved trips and any specific approvals required;
- Organize for required accommodation and other logistics for staff traveling both locally and internationally, including those visiting the IntraHealth Rwanda office;
- Ensure proper assets management and inventory control mechanisms are in place and reliable;
- Lead performance of annual physical inventory as per IntraHealth International assets management policy;
- Track and document the movement of IntraHealth assets;
- Maintain updated assets register (inventory list);
- Work with Administrative Assistant to produce office supplies and stationery stock inventory reports every month;
- Ensure safety of items in the office store.
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Manager in undertaking procurement related matters;
- Handle procurement duties in the absence of Procurement and Logistics Manager;
- Perform any other tasks requested by the supervisor.
- Be Rwandan by nationality;
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement/logistics, supply chain management, business administration or an equivalent relevant field;
- At least 3 years’ working experience in the field of logistics;
- Good knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Detailed understanding of policies and procedures governing accountability of USAID’s property, including assets acquisition, control, protection, and disposition;
- Experience with asset tracking systems;
- Proven experience in procurement, packing, shipping, receiving, and tracking;
- Experience creating and maintaining a dynamic inventory process;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain accurate inventory records, to include receipts and equipment transfers;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Effective written and verbal skills of English and Kinyarwanda, French would be an added asset.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to travel within and out of Kigali, and to work independently with all stakeholders
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Willingness to work overtime as required
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Please, apply before April 26, 2019, and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1