On behalf of our client, HRMS Ltd - Job in Rwanda is recruiting a Logistics Officer. Below are the details for the role.
Contract Management and Made Tea Prices
- Accurate computation of weekly made tea (MT) offer prices, circulation by end of day Wednesday, separation of EXW (Ex-Works) and FOB (Free on Board) offers and timely response to the customers’ confirmations.
- Prepares and shares status of allocated contracts with the Marketing, Finance and Factory teams.
- Timely preparation and circulation of clients’ contracts, invoices and shipping instruction.
- Weekly allocation and distribution of MT offer to the Mombasa auction and in Integrated Tea Trading System (ITTS system).
Shipping and Logistics
- Liaise with the respective factories, Government agencies/departments, warehouse, shipping agents and collate all the requisite documents for shipments as required by the clients.
- Liaise with the factory teams and ensure Tea samples are dispatched in a timely manner with complete details shared with customers. Develop and manage a weekly tracker of samples approval status.
- Monthly MT price calculation for forwarding contracts and circulation within 2 days after the last auction of the month.
- Verifies shipping documents from the shipping agents in liaison with the clients for onward dispatch to the customers of the final documents.
- Tracks and follows through all shipments ensuring target vessel is adhered to and documentation is complete and accurate.
- Prepares weekly shipping updates and circulates to each customer.
- Responsible for the establishment and management of Key Performance Indicators for 3rd Party logistics service providers and reviews during improvement meetings.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Service Level Agreements for 3rd service providers.
- Interprets customer service performance measures and takes necessary actions for example customer case fill on time.
- Establishes accountabilities and action plans for reducing customer service losses.
- Follow up clients for settlement of their invoices within the agreed contract terms.
Reporting and Record Keeping
- Maintain a weekly/monthly MT sales and debtors listing.
- Prepare monthly tea sales report for distribution to the factories.
- Prepare monthly MT production reconciliation.
- Maintain weekly MT stocks listing indicating free stocks, stocks allocated to Mombasa auction, and stocks allocated to direct buyers.
- Liaise with the factory teams and third-party MT transporters to ensure smooth and regular transport of teas from the factory to the assigned warehouses and/port and review weekly transport reports.
- Liaise with the respective warehouse teams for details on arrival, storage, release and weekly warehouse MT stocks reports.
- Liaison with the Mombasa auction tea brokers for tea samples to/from them and the factories.
- Undergraduate Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Management or any other relevant field.
- At least 2 – 3 years relevant experience in a supply chain or logistics role.
- A supply chain or logistics related certification will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of logistics-related documentation process.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Must be results-oriented with good attention to detail.
- Good organisation and planning to handle multiple tasks and adhere to set timelines.
- Good written and oral proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda with the ability to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good customer care/supplier relationship management skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their application letter and CV with 3 professional references by using the" Apply for this job" button below not later than Friday 7th May 2021.