Job Title: Maintenance Coordinator
Reporting Line: Operations Manager, with a dotted line to General Manager
Role Purpose Statement: The maintenance coordinator will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery, overseeing routine maintenance and organizing repairs. She/he will also be involved with control and monitoring devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance. The maintenance coordinator will improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
Key Interfaces Internal: Operation, Production and Finance, Procurement & Logistics
External Interfaces External: Contractors and other airport agencies
Main Accountabilities (including specific challenges)
As maintenance coordinator will be tasked to:
- Design maintenance strategies, procedures, and methods
- Diagnose breakdown problems and carry out routine maintenance work and respond to equipment faults
- Carry out quality inspections on jobs and fit new parts and make sure equipment is working correctly
- Liaise with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues and arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Control maintenance tools, stores, equipment, and control maintenance costs
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems, and repairs
- Improve health and safety policies and procedures
- Write maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines and
- Ensure that there is a continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
- Monitor the operations of plants and equipment maintenance schedule
- Apply professional skills to monitor the purchase, use, and inventories of spare parts.
- Direct contractors as needed to achieve compliance with set down rules and regulation.
- Monitor and assess the maintenance service provided by facility companies
- Monitor and assess maintenance of motor vehicles provided by mechanics
- Provide ordinary and extraordinary maintenance within the company
- Is responsible for the working status of machineries and equipment and trucks
- Develop and manage maintenance budget
- Inform and train management team about the correct use of machineries, equipment, and trucks
- Create maintenance schedules for the company and monitor its implementation and status
- Follow up with the necessary corrective actions requested by customers, authorities, and auditors.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- The candidate must have a Bachelors degree in one of the following:
Electrical and electronics engineering, manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering or production engineering with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar position.
- Business skills, as you may be responsible for managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers, the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures, the ability to lead and motivate others, team working skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels, the ability to negotiate with, and persuade others, good diagnostic and problem-solving skills, the confidence to respond positively when under pressure as well as people-management skills.
- Team orientation
- Effective Communication skills
- Analytical Skills
- Achievement Orientation
- Project Management Skills
How to apply
If you meet all the above criteria, send in your CV in pdf together with a cover letter including a statement describing your suitability for the position you are applying for (all in English) and 3 names of referees at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20th October 2019.
Note: your application letter MUST specify the position you are applying for.