Manager of Admissions, Records and Student Services
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Manager of Admissions, Records and Student Services
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change-makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Title: Manager of Admissions, Records and Student Services
Reports to: DVC – Academics & Research Affairs
Location: Butaro, Burera District, Rwanda
Role Purpose: To oversee and develop all processes for the Office of Student Services, including recruitment, admissions, student affairs, and record management for all of UGHE’s educational programs, including the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD) and the Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Work with academic departments to set strategy and vision for student services, then develop and implement programmatic processes that are equitable, scalable, transparent, and efficient.
- Oversee a growing team of employees, but also participate in application processing and data entry.
- Build workflows, test, and select records management and application process software, train and mentor employees, and develop security policies for the management of student records and data.
- Provide oversight to the development of programs for students in alumni relations, career development, community engagement, student government, and international student services, among others.
- Supervise and hire employees who handle recruitment, admissions, student services, and records management
- Develop semi-annual plans, reports, and budgets to support and continuously improve upon admissions, recruitment, and record-keeping activities at UGHE
- Build workflows for handling applications, vetting and responding to student inquiries, and recording application-related data
- Ensure alignment of each program’s admissions process with Rwanda’s Higher Education Council admissions and recruitment policies
- Collaborate closely with academic leadership and the UGHE communications team to develop marketing and recruitment strategies to guarantee that UGHE’s target audiences will learn about its academic programs
- Contribute to the creation of excellent student-facing marketing materials for traditional and electronic media, coordinating with academic departments and the communications team
- Develop processes and standard operating procedures for student data entry and records management at UGHE
- Generate records processes to support academic departments in academic decisions and standing of students, including final graduation recommendations
- Lead the development of new programs and facilities related to student services and student experience, with deep attention to fostering an environment that enhances the students’ educational opportunities through an exceptional living and learning experience.
- Develop short- and long-term strategic goals for student services, ensuring alignment with UGHE’s core mission and vision
- Establish and foster a student culture where diversity is honored and where students learn to respect differences, to take responsibility for their actions, and to exercise leadership and community engagement, while also ensuring that all students are supported according to the equity values at the core of UGHE’s mission
- Develop formal and informal systems for receiving and addressing student feedback
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of work experience in higher education admissions, student affairs, record keeping, and/or project management, preferably in East Africa
- Management experience preferred
- Master’s degree in education, business administration, or a related field required
- Ability to develop novel processes that are robust and scalable and manage complex processes that require input from multiple stakeholders
- Experience with testing and implementing software applications and tools and developing workflows in new and unfamiliar software
- Experience with analyzing, processing, and presenting data, writing reports, managing large databases, and developing budgets
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Kinyarwanda preferred
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite programs and Google Suite products
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to humbly and effectively collaborate with culturally diverse faculty, staff, and students
- Excellent judgment, discretion with confidential information, exemplary attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A great working environment that allows one to reach their greatest potential
- Prospective career growth opportunities
Applicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a personal statement addressing candidate’s experience working in a related field, (4) names and contact information of three professional references who can attest to experience in education, leadership, and management experience; at least one of these references should be an immediate supervisor and (5) copies of all degrees earned and current professional certifications. Please upload your cover letter, personal statement, and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under "Additional Files" on the application page.