Manager English Learning Center and Library - FOR A LEADING RWANDA TRADE HIGH SCHOOL – www.etsk.org
Imagine improving the lives and job skills of 350 highly motivated students in Musha to develop their English-speaking and self-learning skills, We offer a competitive salary, living allowance and private living quarters for a university graduate with strong English and library research skills. This position is a valuable educational learning experience that also gives you the opportunity to work with American entrepreneurs who support this program. See: www.etsk.org
Run the new student English learning center (library and TV room):
- Educate teachers and students on learning technologies (computers, tablets, books, TV room and Rachel Plus database)
- Assist all students during library hours on use of learning technologies and self-learning projects
- Supervise usage of TV room and weekend movies to enhance English literacy
- Assist in turning ETSK into an English-Only-Speaking campus
- Duties are subject to change based on needs of teachers and students
- Reports to Dean of Students and head of “Education Expansion” Committee.
The Technical School of Musha (officially Ecole Technique St. Kizito de Musha: www.etsk.org) is a private, rural boarding school for up to 350 students founded in 2008 to respond to the need for trade education at the high school level. Students are motivated to learn the skills necessary to find employment or continue on to university
The school exists on a relatively modern campus, surrounded by beautiful hills and lakes in a safe, rural setting, an easy one-hour car or bus ride west to the modern capital of Kigali. Rwanda. At 5000’ elevation, the climate is close to ideal, with year-round sunshine, highs in mid-eighties and overnight lows in low sixties.
After an intensive visit to the school in Jan. 2017, an American and Italian couple formed a “Committee for Education Expansion*” and decided to help the school by financing and setting up a student learning center and a comprehensive program to improve the English language skills of both teachers and students. As a key part of this program, the new Manager of the Student Learning Center will work together with a native English speaking teacher. Both positions are financed separately by the Committee, apart from the school budget.
Screening, hiring, and training of candidates will be done by Sue Sawyer from the Committee for Education Expansion*: email@example.com
- Strong English speaker with clear pronunciation and ability to teach proper diction
- University graduate.
- Proficient in computer and internet use, especially library research skills.
- Self-starter that constantly looks for ways to improve our teaching programs
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience teaching English is a big plus
- IELTS or TOEFL certification a big plus
- Depending on qualifications and experience
- Private living quarters on campus, with modern kitchen with hot water and shower.
- Housekeeping, washing and generous food allowance
- Monthly living allowance.
- Standard Rwandan benefits