Marketing and Communications Manager
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Kigali, Rwanda
Marketing & Communications Manager
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Role Purpose: To drive the University's marketing and communication strategy and is responsible for managing its execution in consultation with division and department leadership.
- Collaborate with key partners across the University in planning and creating communications for external audiences that drive enrollment, promote academic partnerships, support convenings, and that educate, cultivate, and inspire philanthropic support.
- Manage the department's content and channel strategy, in consultation with division and department leadership, in support of both ongoing and new communications goals set by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Oversee the execution of new communications for internal and external audiences; evaluate and elevate existing communications; drive cross-division collaboration on the timing of communications to ensure well-timed engagement with key audiences, and oversee results.
- Translate complex concepts into persuasive communications. The Manager will also review and approve messaging and communications written by others before they are published.
- Oversee all internal and external communications for UGHE, ensuring consistent messaging.
- Prepares and approves media reports, press releases, articles, etc.
- Provides strategic vision for university-wide messaging, supervises the activities of coordinators and fellows under the office.
- Responsible for all written communication, writes and distributes the monthly UGHE newsletter, writes articles and news releases to local and international press
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years’ experience in a senior marketing or communications role.
- Proven track record of performing above expectations in improving a company’s brand presence
- Bachelor’s degree in a related filed, e.g. Business administration, Social Sciences etc
- Msc in communication or public relations
- Commitment to global health and social justice.
Excellent Communication: Demonstrated ability to articulate UGHE’s and PIH’s mission and program objectives persuasively
Versatility and good judgement: to Draft clear and consistent messages for a variety of audiences.
Accountability: Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibility and value for equity
Influence: Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to engage key stakeholders
Project management: Multi-tasking, project management, and decision-making skills
Agility: Flexible, results-oriented, and able to work in a project-driven environment
Management: Demonstrated ability to manage people and teams.
How to apply
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link:https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2Fosd0ffwE
The deadline: 25th July 2021