The Marketing and Sales Associate will manage SHE’s growing sales network and oversee our large-scale national expansion. The ideal candidate will have a track record in sales in the private sector in East Africa, ideally in consumer goods. The position will be based in Kigali, with extensive travel (50% of the time) across the country. This is your chance to join and shape a successful, fast-growing, national organization at a time of huge opportunity for professional growth. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Marketing and Sales Associate will be a key contributor to meet SHE’s 2018 sales targets and beyond.
Job Summary and Key Priorities
We’re seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Marketing and Sales Associate to work directly with our school and NGO customers, kiosk owners, and individual consumers. The Marketing and Sales Associate will build a sales team to drive growth in our sales and corresponding social impact. The right candidate will have experience designing tools and systems to build an efficient and high-performance sales team(s). This person will be an exceptional implementer & will drive sales and marketing through identifying successful pilots and innovations and integrating them into existing operations.
As we are expanding most of our projects are still in pilot. That means there is not yet where to look for guidance. You need to be ok with that to be successful in this job. You also need to be a very strong project manager. You need to be good at launching new projects and developing and managing teams. You need to be comfortable with uncertainty, agile and a problem-solver. You need to be independent, solution-oriented and very comfortable with making decisions.
You will also be working with a variety of customers (schools, NGOs, etc.) and stakeholders (government officials, kiosk owners, etc.) and you will need to do that without compromising the customer experience.
The Marketing and Sales Associate’s responsibilities will be to:
- Build and manage SHE’s sales strategy and performance across Rwanda, including developing and implementing direct sales strategy to girls and women.
- Identify new opportunities and build existing partnerships with distribution partners (schools, NGOs, kiosks, etc) – to meet ambitious sales and financial targets and convert new distribution partners.
- Recruit, develop, incentivize and oversee a sales team across Rwanda.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the Managing Director on the quarterly basis.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures it’s strong presence.
- Collaborate closely with District and sector officials to drive sales in new districts and sectors.
- Develop the pricing strategy per customer and incorporate the element of training and awareness programs for school, kiosks and NGO bulk buyers.
- Develop an annual estimated budget for SHE marketing and sales activities.
- You will be responsible for creating innovative strategies and the associated project roadmaps for improving relevant business processes and developing effective tools, which will help SHE Rwanda to achieve its marketing goals and sales targets.
- Working closely with design agencies and assisting with new product launches.
- Develop, pilot and help plan the implementation of marketing communications activities
Applying candidates must meet the following qualifications:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with exceptional track record of exceeding sales targets and building partnerships
- Private sector retail experience in Rwanda and East Africa – understands both peri-urban and rural customer bases
- Experience managing a sales team or field force.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Exceptional natural teacher, strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Administration or a related field.
- Rwandan nationals and EAC nationals authorized to work in Rwanda only. Willingness to travel across the country as needed.
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of SHE.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior customer focus and relationship management
- Experience in early-stage organizations, establishing teams, and processes
- Action-oriented – resourceful, able to take the initiative and manage multi-priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills.
- Confident working independently as well as collaborating with a wider team.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office –especially Excel
- A desire to make a positive impact through your work, and interest in social enterprise
- Experience in pitching, presenting and negotiating - such as presenting to large groups of consumers, preparing and running product training sessions, negotiating partnership terms and handling objections.
Criteria for Selection
The following matrix will be used to evaluate candidates for this position:
- Experience: 40% Candidate must be of mature character with minimum 3 years designing and executing sales and growth operations strategy.
- Skills: 40% Strong analytical, presentation, and communication skills. Skills in recruitment, training and team building.
- Education: 20% Bachelor’s degree required, business degree preferred, must be fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
Preferred Start Date
Competitive with similar social enterprises. This is a role with performance-based raises and the ability to increase in responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, the stipend for airtime and travel, 18 days of vacation as well as national holidays
10. Mode of Submission
Interested applicants are requested to read and complete very carefully the following application form not later than 26th September 2018.