VACANCY: MARKETING ASSOCIATE
REPORTING TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The Group has interests across the East African Region and offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset Management, Banking, and Property. The product range includes life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, property development, and private equity.
We wish to fill the above position in our Rwanda Subsidiary – Britam Insurance Company (Rwanda) Ltd. Only Rwandese candidates are eligible.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Coordinate and monitor development and implementation of marketing plans for Britam Insurance Company (Rwanda) Limited;
- Coordinate business marketing activities;
- Coordinate the consistency of company branding guidelines in the business unit;
- Monitor trends and opportunities in existing and potential markets and make recommendations;
- Ensure content being uploaded and published on all digital platforms meets the brand consistency guidelines;
- Coordinate with BU managers to ensure positive coverage of the company on mainstream and social media;
- Liaising with Advertising Agency on creative executions for timely and usable submissions;
- Develop promotion materials to assist business units in marketing activities;
- Design and implement marketing campaigns for BU products;
- Conduct deep analysis of lost accounts and provide recommendations on how to improve retention;
- Participate in identification for BU research needs, the research itself and implementation;
- Monitoring of competitor activity on Digital, print, electronic platforms, and advice business;
- Oversee the signage and branding of all branches;
- Arrange in media booking and monitoring for BU advertising needs;
- Participate in the development of new products in liaison with the BU Product Development Committee;
- Support sales and business development team to grow revenues;
- Drive customer care activities to support internal and external clients to ensure improved service delivery;
- Manage marketing budgets relating to BUs on delegation by Marketing Manager;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key performance measures
- Brand visibility
- Brand loyalty
- Top of mind brand awareness
- Brand internalization successfully implemented
- Well maintained company image
- Working within budgets
Knowledge, experience, and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field;
- Holding a CIM is an added advantage;
- 4- 6 years working experience in a marketing related field;
- Experience in the marketing, corporate affairs industry will be an added advantage.
Working Relationships – Internal & External
The Marketing Associate will be:
- Accountable to the Chief Executive Officer
- Work with all the departments.
- Britam customers
- Branding companies
- Service providers
Technical and functional competencies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to drive change
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Report writing-ability to develop reports
- Communicate with confidence and credibility.
- Building Relationships
- Focuses on the Customers
- Develops Self
- Solves Problems
- Develops Self
- Solves problems
Leading and Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behavior.
Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; response quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages the team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria, please submit your online application to us on or before 21st June 2019, at https://www.britam.com/careers