Job Description – Marketing & Communication Manager One&Only Nyungwe House and One&Only Gorilla’s Nest
This is a summary of the key duties and responsibilities related to the position below and include the skills, experience and educational background required by the employee, as well as the competencies and behaviors that are expected at this level.
1. POSITION DETAILS
- Position : Marketing & Communication Manager
- Level Management
- Department Sales & Marketing Rwanda office
- Reports to Sales & Marketing Manager
2. JOB DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS
This role is well suited to an individual who has had prior agency and/or resort experience and have a strong understanding of ultra-luxury brands. The Marcomms Manager will work closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager One&Only Nyungwe House and One&Only Gorillas Nest branded and property specific marketing projects, including but not limited to: strategic, creative campaign development to drive awareness and bookings across owned and paid channels with the ability to showcase ROI, ensuring that all activity has a commercial view; media planning and buying of digital, print and social advertising; content and story-telling development for multi-channel distribution (website, e-mail marketing, collateral, editorial, social); e-commerce activations; sales and marketing collateral, press materials, social media content calendars, and resort guest-facing branding development.
The Marcomms Manager will be involved in all creative displays of products and extension of the products of the One&Only Nyungwe House and One&Only Gorillas Nest. The Marcomms Manager will ensure One&Only global branding standards are maintained across all touch-points and channels, including but not limited to: photography and video; collateral and promotional design; copywriting tone of voice; on-property activations, internal and external communications including social media, editorial, press release writing, etc. They will support the Sales & Marketing Manager across all initiatives, and ensure tasks are implemented at the highest standard and within allocated timelines. Candidate will also be an excellent writer and have strong media relationships.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Sales & Marketing Manager across all aspects of marketing at resort level.
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager to execute B2C and B2B multi-channel campaigns to drive resort brand awareness and bookings across trade, direct and third-party channels.
- Work with a cross-departmental team to maintain and develop the master content and promotions calendar for all online strategies and campaigns within the resort.
- Work closely with Sales &Marketing and Global Commercial Team to track campaign performance and metrics.
- Ensure all creative assets and sales and marketing materials adhere to global One&Only brand guidelines and templates e.g. print ads, display ads, social ads, fact-sheets, brochures, gifting etc.
- Ensure all on-resort guest-facing collateral and communications follow global One&Only brand guidelines and templates e.g. in-room compendiums, spa menus, resort branded items, activity sheets etc.
- Develop materials and assets required to promote One&Only Nyungwe House and One&Only Gorillas Nest and ensure they maintain up-to-date and factually correct. Own and develop resort press material.
- Ensure brand consistency across all marketing channels and touch-points.
- Act as the One&Only brand ambassador and ensure resort activations align with One&Only brand standards.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Manager and Global Commercial Team across resort photo and video shoots and ensure assets are shared with the wider community and uploaded onto the central system.
- Design and create marketing collateral in line with the One&Only global standards and ensure the quality and accuracy of design aligns with the global brand.
- Manage the print production of collateral and understand the different specifications and processes available.
- Work closely with resort operational teams to pull together promotional timelines and materials and assets required to promote on property events and activations across Spa, F&B, Activities, Rooms etc.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing Manager to develop email marketing calendars and content plans.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing Manager to ensure resort website is continually updated with most recent information and content.
- Execute media relations, events, social media, and other emerging media platforms and ensure all activity is maximized.
- Continued interface across a variety of media, across all mediums. This should include key social media channels, including influential bloggers, etc.
- Ability to host and manage media on resort, including flight support, itinerary creation, and more
- Manage the media database on Salesforce
- Develop all key messages for the resort and ongoing story angle development for media and editorial
- Develop monthly social media content calendars to be approved by Global Social Media Team
- Ensure resort is properly represented at tradeshows and events with the appropriate sales and marketing materials, in line with One&Only brand guidelines.
- Read all relevant press, aware of luxury trends
- Ensure all copywriting and editing is aligned with One&Only tone of voice.
- Develop and manage ongoing content creation and ensure its distribution across all channels including website, e-mail marketing, social etc.
- Responsible for graphic design, content development and copyediting.
- Develop and execute social media content and campaigns with BCV.
- Collaborate with agencies, freelancers, community outreach organizers, media, and other vendor partners.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and employees in other departments.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas to execute specific marketing plans for revenue outlets within the resort.
- Demonstrate keen understanding for the unique obstacles, needs and business requirements of designated functional areas.
- Prepare creative briefs to define marketing objectives and guide creative development.
- Be familiar and work within budgets related to campaign initiatives.
- Keep current with emerging design, creative and travel trends, web technologies and digital marketing advances.
- All other duties as assigned by Sales & Marketing Manager
Other areas of support include:
- Collateral Development
- Updating Photo Library and FTP site
- Monthly reporting
- Trade show representation
- Event coordination and attendance
- Advertising Agency coordination
- Communications and Social Media Agency coordination
- Press Releases
- Media clip and coverage follow-up
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- High-level understanding of InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, CMS experience, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of digital marketing including Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Email & Acquisition Marketing, Social Media Marketing and other online advertising.
- Proficiency in web analytics and web metrics required including Mastery of Google Analytics/Webmaster tools and dashboards.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters, summaries, and reports using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Ability to speak and present effectively before groups such as customers or employees.
- Experience with Brand building and demand generation through content - blogs, social, video, web, e-mail.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Proven communication, project management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, comfortable, confident and enthusiastic when working with tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Must be a strong self-starter as well as an effective team player
- Passion, Integrity, Energy and idea generating initiatives.
- Excellent organization and managerial skills with the ability to create high impact concise content specific communications
- On property and pre-opening experience would be an added benefit.
- Experience working with luxury brands or within the luxury hospitality / travel area
- Foreign language skills would be an advantage.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Flexible working hours
- Occasional travel within the US and internationally.
3. Core VAlues & Competencies
Blow Away the Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4. Functional competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I adapt my communication to the audience and the message to be delivered
- I am able to develop effective written communications
Functional Skills & Knowledge
- I understand the full scope of my duties and demonstrate initiative
- I take responsibility for my actions
Planning & Organizing
- I set realistic goals both for myself and my colleagues in line with company strategies
- I am capable of handling multiple priorities effectively
Team Management & Development (Influencing & Working with Others)
- I am able to influence others when required to speak and present ideas
- I am able to work with other colleagues and departments effectively
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- I have the ability to involve all the appropriate people to resolve problem in the business.
- I proactively facilitate prompt and appropriate decision making
Innovation & Creativity
- I regularly seek new opportunities for change
- I assist in resolving resistance to change
I have read and understand the duties required of me and will adhere to and perform them as required.
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest by using the "Apply for this job" button below.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The deadline: 29 July 2021