Marketing Innovation and Strategy Lead
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Marketing Innovation and Strategy Lead
Deadline: September 30th 2018
Job Location: Rubengera, Karongi
Duration: Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
By 2030, TUBURA aims to have visible impact in every Rwandan farmer’s home. The Marketing Innovation and Strategy Lead’s work is at the center of this organization-wide vision. They will be charged with helping TUBURA Field Operations meet our ambitious client scale and product adoption targets. Specifically:
- Leading TUBURA’s research on enrollment strategy (assessing efficacy of past tactics and strategies, Field Operation salesmanship efforts, client preferences and adoption).
- Crafting program marketing and enrollment strategies based on this research. They will be expected to strengthen and innovate on our baseline enrollment strategy, facilitating season-on-season growth towards our 2030 vision.
- Supporting execution of Marketing & Enrollment activities through collaboration with our Head Quarters Execution Team and advising Field Team on course corrections throughout the enrollment process.
Marketing Innovation and Strategy Lead’s role will likely evolve into leading a broader portfolio of operations projects depending on strengths, interests, and priorities.
1. Enrollment Lead
The Marketing Innovation and Strategy Lead will oversee the creation of enrollment strategy for all of our districts, starting in Season 19B.
In 19B, the Marketing Innovation and Strategy Lead will be evaluated on:
- Operationalization of 19B enrollment training and tools for the Field Team
- Operationalization of 19B enrollment and performance metrics
- Overall performance of all districts against our key metrics (client retention, new client and adoption goals)
This position is a significant opportunity for the Marketing Innovation and Strategy Lead to oversee an important business unit, learn the One Acre Fund model, and develop significant leadership and management skills.
2. Year-Round Marketing Lead
Outside of the seasonal enrollment push, the Marketing & Enrollment Lead will design marketing initiatives, aiming to promote adoption of impact behaviors and products, and to attract new clients for future seasons. This could include:
- Working with the Impact Training Lead to design marketing messages for Impact campaigns (focusing on key impact behaviors like planting compliance, travertine use and pest and disease management)
- Exploring alternative (non-Field Officer) communication channels for marketing messages, such as local leaders, radio, and SMS
- Investigating product-specific adoption barriers and crafting effective marketing approaches and pricing strategies to boost adoption
3. Additional Special Projects
After 3-6 months getting up to speed, additional special projects will be added to the Marketing and Enrollment Lead's work portfolio (based on interest, bandwidth, and priorities – and subject to change):
- Customer Service Campaign – Assess how to develop a culture of service, to help transform One Acre Fund into a “best-in-class” service delivery organization.
- Community Building – Assess what means of engagement would be most effective to create a larger movement and ingrain One Acre Fund within the communities where we work.
After 18-24 months of excellent performance in both tactical operations and special projects, the PA may be considered for a number of career track possibilities:
- Rwanda Field Operations Manager – Overseeing multiple regions and Ops Leads across Rwanda.
- Systems Designer – Designing systems and processes, as well as training and other materials.
- New Country Pilot Lead – Overseeing operational launch in a new country pilot.
- Many other in-country and regional roles within One Acre Fund
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for serving smallholder farmers. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program or small business, leading a large conference, or solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work, including management of direct reports.
- Top-performing undergraduate background
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Language: English required in all locations. Kinyarwanda is strongly preferred.
See the full job description and application details on this link https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=1160005
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: (+250) 786 908 557 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.