Title: Marketing Manager
Location: Rubavu, Rwanda
Start date: 1st October 2019
Contract: One-year contract renewable with 3 months’ probation period
Reporting to: Sr. VP Operations (Rwanda) / Director of Strategic Initiatives (USA)
Who We Are
Inyenyeri is a high-growth energy start-up, dedicated to eliminating household air pollution and reversing the national wood deficit in Rwanda. Inyenyeri utilizes an innovative business model to provide the world’s cleanest solid biomass cook-stoves and fuel pellets to its customers at affordable monthly prices. Inyenyeri works in 4 districts in Rwanda. Headquartered in Kigali, with an office in Rubavu and a project in Kigeme refugee camp, Inyenyeri currently has over 170 employees and plans to rapidly expand its team as it scales the business model across Rwanda.
About the role:
Inyenyeri is looking for an outgoing, energetic, assertive and smart Marketing Manager who will represent Inyenyeri to external stakeholders. This role has three purposes: 1) To support Inyenyeri’s international marketing and messaging 2) To provide support to Inyenyeri’s visitors in Rwanda 3) To create Rwanda-based stakeholder engagement and market development in Rwanda.
Scope of role
The first two components are primarily part of Inyenyeri’s corporate marketing activities led by Inyenyeri’s parent company in California (USA). The third component includes taking ownership of the field marketing activities by Inyenyeri Rwanda (Clean Cooking Company Rwanda Limited). This role requires frequent traveling within Rwanda and abroad.
- Attend and (re)present Inyenyeri at international conferences
- Conduct live demonstrations of Inyenyeri’s pellet+stove solution
- Explain Inyenyeri’s vision, mission, values, business model and progress to date to (potential) partners, customers, and media
- Host national and international visitors in Rubavu, Nyabihu, Kigeme, Kigali and other areas where Inyenyeri has ongoing operations
- Respond in writing to social media inquiries in Kinyarwanda
- Lead marketing campaigns and customer acquisition efforts in Rubavu and other districts
- Coordinate the development and updating of Inyenyeri’s marketing and communication materials (e.g. videos, flyers, banners, SMS)
- Provide input to (re-)branding activities
- Create marketing and customer acquisition strategies for Inyenyeri in Rwanda
- Conduct market analyses
- Excellent communication and representation skills (verbally and written)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; being able to establish and maintain professional relationships
- Being fluent in Kinyarwanda, English, and French
- Maturity and independence; being able to travel internationally alone
- Ability to relate with Inyenyeri’s customers and to communicate their feedback to Inyenyeri’s management
- Market analysis capabilities
Interested candidates should submit their application by completing the form using the following link:https://inyenyeri.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=42 not later than August 12nd, 2019.
*Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply