The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa.
We are hiring a Mechanic Technician to work within the Facilities Department. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day repair and service maintenance of our vehicles/equipment including Toyota cars and John Deere/New Holland tractors. The Mechanic Technician will report to the Maintenance Coordinator, and work to the Farm Manager and Logistics Manager.
- Responsible for maintenance, service, and repair of Tractors (John Deere, New Holland) and passenger vehicles (Toyota).
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation, and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Complies with Control Technique requirements by testing engine, safety standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- More than 5 years’ experience in the mechanic's garage, daily repair/maintenance of vehicles.
- Experience with Tractors (John Deere, New Holland) and generators/pumps.
- Valid driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill the information required, upload and submit the documents in English to the link provided below.
Please combine your resume/CV with your degree certificate as one PDF file before you upload it.
Applications should be submitted by February 14, 2020.