Join the family
One& Only Nyungwe House is seeking for a number of talented professionals to join the team and become part of this haven of creature-comforts.
Job Description– Mechanics/General Assistant
1 Position Details
- Position Mechanic/General assistant
- Level Colleague
- Department Facilities
- Reports to Manager, Facilities
- Subordinates None
2 JOB Details& Requirements
- Under the general Supervision of Facilities Manager, the Mechanics/General assistant is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Manager with operation and maintenance of One& Only fleet of vehicles and supporting equipment in accordance with One&Only procedures to ensure the optimum operation of the equipment in any
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Performs intermediate skilled work maintaining and repairing Company cars and small
- Maintains cleanliness around the surrounding of his area of responsibility
- Performs repairs and maintenance of small machines and various other equipment
- Inspects and services Company Vehicles, machines, and other equipment
- Changes and repairs tires and responds to road service calls
- Performs tune-ups on cars, machines and small golf cart
- Diagnoses heating and air conditioning systems and makes repairs
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical controls and motors
- Inspects suspension and exhaust systems and makes repairs
- Assists in the overhaul and replacement of major drive chain components such as engines,
- transmissions, etc.
- Assists in ordering and obtaining necessary parts and supplies
- Fuels, washes, and cleans company’s vehicles
- Assists in coordinating the use of company’s vehicles
- Assists with loading and unloading of warehouse supply trucks
- Tows broken-down vehicles
- Performs mechanic services as needed
- Responds to after hour emergencies as requested
- Advise management on mechanics matters
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Maintenance Manager
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Graduation from High School or equivalency
- Considerable experience in the repair and maintenance of automobile and big four-wheeled Cars
- Valid Rwandan Driver’s License
- Basic communication skills in English is essential, any additional languages are preferable.
- Must be willing to learn and skilled to perform the job of a Mechanics/General Assistant.
- Any job experience in the Hospitality sector and Facilities department in a resort environment (preferable five star) is a valuable addition.
- Good communication skills and teamwork.
- Flexible and positive attitude.
- Confident in interacting with the guests and Colleagues.
3 core values &Competencies
Blow Away the Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4 Functional competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I speak in a clear and concise manner both in person and over the phone
- I express ideas in a clear and coherent manner
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- I demonstrate my knowledge and skills effectively
- I take responsibility for my actions
Time Keeping & Grooming
- I report for work in my department on time daily
- I present a professional and appropriate manner
Response to Supervision
- I demonstrate respect for my superiors
- I respond to supervision positively
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th August 2018.
This role will be open until it is filled, and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
For the job description, see the attachment