ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
As a Mobile Developer, you will play a major role in growing One Acre Fund's portfolio of client-facing technology. Day-to-day, you will design and build radical new mobile services that enable farmers to interact with the One Acre Fund program in real-time. As you develop within your role, you'll have opportunities to develop your technical expertise through more varied engineering projects or to expand your ownership of our client-facing tech pipeline.
Potential projects may include:
- Building a digital agricultural quiz that allows field teams to measure the efficacy of impact training
- Developing an off-cycle ordering service that allows clients top-up their product order mid-season
- Designing A/B testing content and scheduling focus group sessions to collect preliminary user feedback on product designs
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 1+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 1+ years of professional experience. We’re looking for candidates early in their career with the potential to grow into a full-stack developer or product manager role.
- Strong educational background; a degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related technical field is required.
- Enthusiasm for learning and receptiveness to feedback.
- Language: Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or Swahili is valued.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.