Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Career Fair (Expo) in Kigali on September 2, 2022.
Horizon of Excellence (HOREX) Ltd is a professional center created in 2011 to accommodate people from different fields to improve their professional competencies and to do research and consulting activities. Through its career development program (CDP), HOREX Ltd is involved in adult education activities requiring more advanced professional, scientific and technical skills. Currently, CDP offers three-level professional certificates in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL). This includes MEL Professional (MEL level I) for beginners, Advanced MEL Professional (MEL Level II) for intermediate, and Evaluation Researcher (MEL Level III) for advanced learners.
The MEL certification offered by Horizon of Excellence aims at putting in place a knowledgeable and professional team capable to undertake robust evaluation assignments, through:
- Improving skills in project design and management with more focus on monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL).
- Building rigorous research and analytical hands-on capacities related to socio-program evaluation
- Creating opportunities for young professionals to get the desired jobs in the East African Community and elsewhere in the world through advanced levels of certification.
It is in that framework that HOREX LTD is inviting interested entities (organizations) and individuals to attend and participate in the MEL career expo on September 2, 2022 in Kigali.
Career Expo rationale and objectives
A career Expo (or career fair) is an event where prospective employers, community partners, universities, and professionals meet with job seekers, interns, and volunteers. Different entities (government and non-government - local and international organizations) will have stands where resumes will be collected, questions will be answered, and business cards will be exchanged.
Career fair talks will:
- provide general information about MEL practice in Rwanda, opportunities that are available, competences/skills that are required, and how to develop an application for the MEL position emphasizing on writing a resume.
- be a great place to carry out some information research about what the public expects from recruiters, in general, and from Horizon of Excellence Ltd, in particular.
- be a great place to network with different MEL practitioners and recruiters.
The Career Expo will accommodate several organizations and individuals, such as employers, MEL professionals, job seekers, HOREX staff and Curriculum & Exam Development (CED) board members, HOREX training program alumni, students, and graduates willing to advance their careers in MEL area.
The event will be delivered virtually and physically to accommodate participants from all over the world.
For an individual, the entrance fee is Frw 2,000 for an undergraduate-level student presenting a current year student card. All the remaining participants should pay Frw 5,000. If you are an entity, you will contact the HOREX administration no later than August 31, 2022.
Should I go to the Career Expo?
Yes! This is a wonderful opportunity to meet employers and MEL professionals face-to-face. If you are looking for a job or internship, take the opportunity to get information and meet the recruiters. If you are not job-seeking, talk to employers and practitioners and start networking! These relationships will help you when you are ready to look for a job.
Who should attend?
Several organizations and individuals, including employers and MEL professionals from all industries, graduate and professional universities/schools, HOREX staff and Curriculum & Exam Development (CED) Board members, students, and graduates.
What should I bring?
Bring plenty of copies of your resume, questions to ask, and yourself!
What can I expect?
If I join, I will get:
- Solutions to my MEL career development questions
- MEL professional skills and knowledge
- MEL career advice
- Access to professional network
Where and when will the Career Expo take place?
The Career Expo will take place on 2 Sept, 2022 at Lebanon Hotel, Remera from 9:00 am.
How should I dress and behave at the Career expo?
I should dress and act professionally. I shouldn’t stay silent. I will show my interest by asking questions. I will provide feedback and suggestions, if any.
How much is the registration/entrance fee?
If I am a student with a current year student card, I will pay Frw 2,000 only. If not, I will pay Frw 5,000. If I am an entity, I should discuss with HOREX Management no later than August 31, 2022.
The registration and payment details are provided Here
Kigali, August 1, 2022
Marie Alice Bazaramba
Tel : +250 786 669 501