Monitoring & Evaluation Manager - PMI Evolve Rwanda
- Abt Associates, Kigali, RW
03/09/2023, 11:20 PM
03/24/2023, 10:20 PM
The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 4,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
As a PMI Evolve MEL Manager, you will be responsible for managing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning functions. You will play a critical role in measuring our progress towards intended results and informing evidence-driven decisions in integrated vector control. You are the point-of-contact for implementing our MEL plan successfully at the country level and ensuring our program staff and key stakeholders have access to the data they need when they need it.
- Lead the collection, organization, analysis, and presentation of PMI Evolve program data.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of weekly progress reports and client deliverables.
- Prepare or review M&E guidelines/standards/protocols.
- Co-lead the training of M&E assistants and data entry clerks.
- Assist in preparing the project for possible data quality audits to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability, and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting timely corrective actions.
- As needed, coordinate with the Entomology team on data collection and analyses.
- Supervise/mentor the database manager and M&E assistants hired on the project.
- Work closely with the operations team and district supervisors to provide routine feedback during vector control campaigns to help increase data-driven decisions.
- Design, review and test M&E tools for reporting formats and data collection. These can include mobile-based tools, digitally enumerated satellite images or atlases, and other innovations to data collection, quality, entry, and reporting.
- Build DHIS2 capacity within partners/actors in-country.
- Track and report data on all project indicators, prepare monitoring and evaluation plans, as well as contribute to MEL workplans, annual reports, and other contractual project documents.
- The position requires frequent travel to implementing districts and field sites for routine monitoring, program supervision, and support and frequent communication with site and home office staff to report on activity progress.
- Identify areas for programmatic improvements and develop recommendations and enhancement solutions based on findings.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years of relevant experience, or master’s degree + 3 years of relevant experience, or PhD + 0 years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation, public health, community health, database or information systems management, or other relevant social science activities.
- Demonstrated experience with managing MEL on USAID-funded projects with malaria programs is preferred.
- Proven track record in managing complex data collection, data management, analysis, and reporting activities.
- Experience with DHIS2 required.
- Experience with mobile platforms (ODK, CommCare, KoboCollect, EpiInfo, Fulcrum, etc.), mobile data collection, GIS applications, GPS measurement data collection, and/or Tableau desirable.
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills, budgeting and report writing.
- Experience demonstrating leadership, communication, coordination, and critical thinking skills in a high-pressure environment.
- English language fluency is required.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.