Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager
CNFA is a US-based nonprofit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods by empowering the private sector through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, the introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.
Program Description Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze
The primary objective of the Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze activity is to sustainably increase smallholders farmers income, improve the nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food systems to the changing climate.
Reporting to the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, the M&E Manager will support all Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) activities. S/he will be responsible for implementing M&E systems including indicators, data collection systems, impact assessments, and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan targeting, tracking and reporting according to USAID and CNFA standards. The M&E Manager will serve in the MEL unit as the intermediary between the technical teams and district M&E Coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of the M&E Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Support the development and implementation a MEL strategy (i.e. MEL Manual) outlining M&E systems for data collection, targeting and tracking custom and USAID/FTF indicators, knowledge management, impact assessments, learning activities and reporting in compliance with the requirements provided in the Activity contract, USAID regulations, and CNFA standards;
- Support the Director of M&E in working closely with other technical units in establishing and managing a GIS referencing, cloud-based MEL System and ensure data requirements are integrated into project management processes;
- Provide oversight to district Managers and District M&E Officers on data collection and analysis and ensure the completion of M&E activities;
- Help facilitate Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) strategies to support the use of data and information from the M&E system for real-time decision-making to improve project implementation
- Regularly review monitoring data and help organize periodic learning days and annual learning summits with district staff to help managers identify successes and make decisions about adapting activities and approaches to achieve results.
- Collaborate with the Finance, Operations, and Compliance Unit to help develop a system to track and report cost-related data for each program element to reinforce financial and budgetary strategies and allocations during planning periods;
- Ensure compliance with all USAID, CNFA, and, if/where applicable, host country government reporting requirements;
- Complete other duties as necessary and assigned by the Director of M&E and Chief of Party.
- Master’s degree required in a relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant competency area, including accounting, statistics, international development, economics or other;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working on the monitoring and evaluation team for donor-funded projects; USAID-funded program(s) is highly desirable;
- Experience using monitoring and evaluation systems with USAID-supported indicators, including Women Empowerment in Agriculture (WEIA) Indicators and Feed the Future indicators;
- Ability to write concise and clear reports;
- Strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, willingness to innovate and ability to think systematically;
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing;
- Proven experience in managing multiple and competing tasks while maintaining the quality of deliverables within deadlines;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills in English required.
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees, a copy of degrees and of certificates and send in PDF or Word format to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: APPLICATION FOR MONITORING AND EVALUATION (M&E) MANAGER, not later than July 23rd, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
- Only online applications are accepted
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.