FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda would like to recruit one staff for the following position:
Position title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reports to: USAID Turengere Abana Program Team Leader
Number of position: 1
Job location: Nyanza District
State date: Immediate
Under direct supervision of the Program Team Leader, the M&E Officer will support Field Officers in data consolidation, management and quality management; undertake M&E related activities and implements an appropriate monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning Systems for successful delivery and attainment of program goal and objectives. S/he ensures that strong M&E system is in place so that the implementation of the USAID Turengere Abana program Assessment is of high quality and accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Program Team Leader to develop systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators;
- Provide technical assistance to program staff on the use of M&E system; conduct rapid assessments and trend analysis of field-based programs to monitor program activity.
- In collaboration with project officers, will manage and administer all program’s related Program data including, MIS management and data analysis.
- Make sure the utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data in sectors or develop and maintain an effective database.
- Participate in the monitoring of program activities as well as evaluation exercises for various initiatives of the program;
- Participate actively in collecting data from the field for reporting to the donor.
- Coordinate compilation and dissemination of annual and Quarterly Reports for USAID Turengere Abana program.
- Develop and maintain effective information database for program and provide resources and necessary support for program inputs and outputs;
- Serves as focal person for the mainstreaming and making sure that cross-cutting issues are implemented and reflected in reporting such as gender, Governance and child safeguarding policies/ procedures in the program activities
- Coordinate and participate in M&E related activities as determined by USAID Turengere Abana Program, including but not limited to site visits and assessments, data collection, data quality assessments, capacity building activities, reports, and presentations;
- Coordinate and maintain all finance related documents including timely requests and expenses reports.
- Perform additional administrative duties as required.
- Promote learning in the program, particularly on issues of programme quality. Regularly analyze data and produce reports on best practices and case studies
- Ensures that necessary reporting data per interventions are lined up in advance of report deadlines and responsible persons are followed up on the schedule,
- Compile and provides analytical output level inputs to program technical reports,
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in an area of Monitoring and Evaluation, Development studies, Statistics or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in M&E with experience of developing M&E plans, training staff, capacity building, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting
- Experience in setting up and/or managing M&E systems, preferably in NGO setting
- Knowledge and/or experience of working on accountability initiatives, such as child participation, information sharing, and complaints response mechanisms.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Statistical software
- Experience in and proven ability to support, train and mentor staff and partners in monitoring and evaluation methodology.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written)
- Experience in USAID funded programs is an added advantage
Female applicants are more encouraged to apply to this vacant positions.
Interested candidates with required skills and competencies are requested to submit their applications (only hard copies will be accepted) addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director. The applications include motivation letter CVs and well completed FXB application form must be submitted to FXB Rwanda coordination office located Bridge 1 House, KN 7 RD, Avenue Poids Lourds, Muhima-Kigali opposite of Hyundai, not later than Wednesday, December 19th, 2018, at 4 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams.
Download application form here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/68hw76cw49ch06q/Job_Application_Form_-__FXB.pdf