P.O BOX 7578
Kigali – Rwanda
Web site: www.aidshealth.org
Job Profile for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
POSITION TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
LOCATION: Kigali, but with frequent travel to AHF supported districts and sites
RESPONSIBLE TO: Country Program Manager- AHF Rwanda
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: Monitoring and Evaluation coordinators, Data managers
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 March 2019
COUNTRY PROGRAM MISSION:
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an International Non -Governmental Organization that was founded in 1987 and has been at the fore front of the response to the HIV epidemic. AHF is currently supporting HIV/AIDS programs in 43 countries including Rwanda.
AHF’s mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay.
Core values are to be:
- Value Employees
- Respect for Diversity
- Fight for What’s Right
AHF Rwanda is looking for very competent candidates to fill up the following position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The M&E officer is responsible for supporting AHF Rwanda with all Monitoring, Evaluation (M&E) and research activities. This position is responsible for providing oversight and management of quality data from all aspects of the HIV program including prevention, care and treatment, and advocacy. This role is responsible for ensuring the collection and management of quality data and providing the analysis of this data, as well as participating in training and support supervision of service providers in order to ensure the quality of collected data and usage of data for program planning and decision making.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, guidance, technical assistance, and administrative support to programme teams in data collection, processing, analysis and interpretation
- Develop and/or maintain systems and processes which track performance against programme objectives and targets
- Ensure appropriate M&E systems are in place and functioning at all levels to meet the project/programme output and outcome monitoring requirements
- Support the AHF Rwanda Program in their dialogue with key partners at country and district level to ensure that the program’s M&E activities are integrated and achievable
- Participate in the process of developing the annual work plans and targets
- Coordinate the collection, collation, validation, and reporting of data including key Country and AHF Rwanda program indicators for all supported sites.
- Supports Country Program Manager in sub-partner related project M&E activities including periodical report production, support supervision, and technical oversight of partners
- Work with the Country Program Manager and other department heads in rolling out training and capacity building of M&E activities, planning, quarterly, monthly and annual review meetings of country work plans
- Participate in the development, standardization, and usage of M&E guidelines and tools at Country and subnational levels
- Generate statistical and narrative monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the program and all projects therein for circulation at Bureau level, country level, district level, and partners and ensure timely submission
- Provide guidance and coordinate the process of developing semiannual and annual reports; and ensure annual reports and action plans are prepared and submitted to key line ministries and government bodies;
- Provide data and evidence to the quality country level team to highlight areas and sites that need improvement, document best practices and success stories, and design and participate in research
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Information Systems, Social Sciences or related fields
- Preferably a master’s degree in related fields or Public Health
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management and analysis skills, budgeting and report writing
- Strong leadership and management skills including strategy formation, process improvement, and team building. Ability to motivate staff and lead a high performing team.
- Proficient Project management Skills
- Strong capacity building skills using different methodologies
- Five years or more of recent experience with health programs;
- Strong diplomacy skills with proven ability to work across multiple partners and technical areas simultaneously, supporting and mentoring multiple staff members
- Excellent English writing skills; Kinyarwanda required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including effective presentation and facilitation skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Commitment to personally champion AHF’s program vision and mission and inspire others to do the same
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
How to apply
Submission of applications – to include 1 page Cover letter, an updated CV and names, title and contacts of three professional referees, copies of qualification certificates - should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the country RWANDA and position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is 31 March 2019 at 23:45hrs.