VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT 3
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) at AEE Rwanda
Job Title: M&E Officer
Department: Programming/Isoko y’Ubuzima
Reports to: Project Coordinator
About African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) Rwanda
African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) is a Christian local relief, development, and advocacy organization established in 1987 and dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities to address root causes of poverty and injustice. AEE works closely with CARE to improve rural sanitation and handwashing services and products. AEE with its partner CARE International will promote market-based sanitation.
Isooko y’Ubuzima WASH Activity (IUWA) is a five-year USAID funded project that aims to improve access to water and sanitation services. The project will focus on 3 main components led by different consortium members: (1) Improving Decentralized WASH Governance; (2) Improving Rural Drinking Water Services and (3) Improving Rural Sanitation and Handwashing Services and Products.
AEE seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to handle her portion of IUWA aspects of monitoring and evaluation (M&E). The M&E Officer shall implement strategies designed to assure the quality of data collection, collation, entry, analysis, and reporting through consistent application of the existing monitoring and evaluation Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other guidelines.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluation project performance in accordance with the logical framework and reporting requirements.
- Receive, review, analyze, validate, enter/code, and store various program data streams as submitted by field operations staff. Prepare and collate these into relevant formats for preparing reports and feedback for decision support.
- Share analyses and trends with project team members to help synchronize project decision-making processes with M&E results.
- Ensure M&E information is shared and flows transparently within the project team and to other organizational levels as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator to help ensure that project work plans are on target to meet deliverables in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute to AEE’s understanding of the effectiveness of technical training packages.
- Qualifications at degree level in business management, economics, statistics, development studies, international relations, or other relevant area of study.
- At least 2 years of experience with M&E methods and approaches, including designing, planning, and implementing M&E systems, analyzing and reporting using a logical framework, and other strategic planning approaches.
- Proven ability to work with various M&E methods and approaches.
- Experience working with inclusive nutrition and early childhood development preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations/environment.
- Ability to manipulate data using quantitative software such as SPSS and STATA preferred.
Required languages: Fluency in both Kinyarwanda and English is required.
Travel: Undertake visits to the field as necessary to enforce and validate data collection techniques and to identify where adaptations might be needed to ensure continuous quality of project data.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong planning skills and ability to work independently within agreed workplans and timelines and generate solutions to changing situations.
- Good communication skills that allow regular interface with a diverse team both in the field and in back-room operations.
- Willingness to spend time working and travelling in project sites located in rural areas.
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents in a single file attachment to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject -application for Project M&E Officer).
- Motivation/application letter explaining your suitability for the position (maximum 1page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages) and notarized copies of academic documents
- 2 referees that are not blood relatives with their full address/contact.
- Recommendation from your church leader, issued within 6 months period
- Copy of your National ID
Deadline for application: Wednesday 20th October 2021 at 5 pm.
Please, include the below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that AEE requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Due to the anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali, Rwanda October 11, 2021