Chemonics seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the USAID-funded Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity in Rwanda. This five-year project aims to sustainably increase the availability, access, and consumption of animal source food (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. This project will 1) support the development of strong and inclusive private sector ASF value chains by improving smallholder livestock productivity and supporting livestock product and ASF market development; and 2) increase demand for ASF by developing and strengthening behavior change communication materials and messaging to promote ASF consumption and ensure the delivery of messages to diverse audiences at all stages of ASF production. Crosscutting objectives of this activity include women's empowerment, youth employment, and policy engagement. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The following Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist characteristics, skills, experience and education are demonstrative of the skills necessary to fulfilling this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in evaluation, public policy, and/or related field is desirable.
- Five (5) years of progressive professional experience, including in Sub-Saharan Africa, in monitoring and evaluation of international development activities/projects is highly desirable.
- Experience working with private sector, civil society and government sectors on monitoring and evaluation programs, as well as building the capacity of local organizations to be effective in knowledge management and learning, is desirable.
- Knowledge of different M&E tools, approaches, and methods in addition to experience working with grant-making organizations, is desirable.
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring teams in monitoring-related techniques and methods is desirable.
Please submit an electronic version of your CV, cover letter, and contact information by February 24, 2019 through the link. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.